Turkish Pita Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¼ cup luke warm water
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- For the dough, mix sugar in the warm milk and add the dry yeast.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Then add the yogurt, oil, luke warm water, the flour and 1 tsp salt
- Mix until a dough forms
- Knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours until doubled
- Press the dough lightly to release the air.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 equal pieces and shape into small dough balls
- Sprinkle flour on top the doughs and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 15 minutes
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the doughs into round shapes; approximately 15cm in diameter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°C / 480°F and bake until the breads puff and golden