Recipe Turkish yoghurt & lemon cake

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
11:13 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
As a lighter alternative to traditional lemon cake made with butter, this cake really hits the sweet spot.

For a 25 cm cake ( round ) tin, you need:
250 grams of Turkish ( or Greek ) yoghurt, at least 10% fat
4 medium eggs
225 g self raising flour
225 g caster sugar
1 big unwaxed lemon
Vanilla essence , a few drops
Sunflower oil for greasing
A pinch of salt

1) Line cake tin with baking paper and grease with sunflower oil, preheat oven to 160 degrees upper and lower heat . Zest the lemon peel, then press the juice out of the lemon.
2) In a bowl, mix sugar, lemon zest, vanilla & eggs until it is a frothy jellow liquid.
3) Add flour , a pinch of salt & yoghurt to the liquid mix, folding slowly. Then add the lemon juice and keep folding.
4) When you have a pale yellow , glossy, thick mixture , pour into baking tin.
5) Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a pin comes out clean. Let cool completely , then cut into servings.

Last edited:
Looks good - I like the use of yoghurt here. I've never used yoghurt in a cake (only bread) but I can imagine it adds a lovely flavour dimension.
It's very light and adds a lovely soft texture to the cake, it's better than butter I think now I tried it. And of course 10% fat compared to 80% is a huge difference

It's very light and adds a lovely soft texture to the cake, it's better than butter I think now I tried it. And of course 10% fat compared to 80% is a huge difference
And the extra protein!

Back
Top Bottom