Turmeric Bread

Wandering Bob

Über Member
Local time
9:09 PM
I trialled this a couple of weeks ago - just a little 300g loaf. It was well-received but .. half a 300g loaf doesn't go very far ...so I made a 500g version today.

I used:

450g PMF (strong white bread flour)
50g farine de sarrasin (buckwheat flour)
1 tsp ground turmeric
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
1 dsp sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Gloop of olive oil
2 x 5g packets of dried active yeast

Oven: 28 minutes at 210C

Pain au curcuma cut pic1A 19012019.jpg

I trialled this a couple of weeks ago - just a little 300g loaf. It was well-received but .. half a 300g loaf doesn't go very far ...so I made a 500g version today.

I used:

450g PMF (strong white bread flour)
50g farine de sarrasin (buckwheat flour)
1 tsp ground turmeric
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
1 dsp sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Gloop of olive oil
2 x 5g packets of dried active yeast

Oven: 28 minutes at 210C

View attachment 21932

Always amazing!

Always amazing!

Thank you - you're very kind.

I delivered half of the loaf to my neighbours last night. They dined with friends - one of whom had made a terrine de champignons, and they ate it with the pain au curcuma. "We ate it all and it was wonderful", I was told. I ate some last night with a vegetable soup, and made a sandwich of brie, tomato and saucisson sec for lunch today. It's good bread.

Next loaf will be Wednesday (I'm making pane di principessa tomorrow) and I think I'll make a 600g loaf. If I can find some, I'll include some ground cardamom and 1 chopped clove of garlic. I'll go for 475g PMF, 75g of T80 and 50g of sarrasin.

Thank you - you're very kind.

I delivered half of the loaf to my neighbours last night. They dined with friends - one of whom had made a terrine de champignons, and they ate it with the pain au curcuma. "We ate it all and it was wonderful", I was told. I ate some last night with a vegetable soup, and made a sandwich of brie, tomato and saucisson sec for lunch today. It's good bread.

Next loaf will be Wednesday (I'm making pane di principessa tomorrow) and I think I'll make a 600g loaf. If I can find some, I'll include some ground cardamom and 1 chopped clove of garlic. I'll go for 475g PMF, 75g of T80 and 50g of sarrasin.

When others also appreciate what one makes, bread (or anything else made home-made) seems even better. It is nice to have these certificates of esteem, it is good for the spirit and gives even more meaning to sharing, which it seems to me that is an important and lively part of your neighborhood relations. Beautiful thing.
Congratulations again for the passion in making bread and above all experimenting with new ones (chopped clove of garlic and ground cardamom sound interesting), without becoming too standardized. Your neighbors are very lucky!

Back
Top Bottom