Turmeric recipe (TNT) search

mjd

Veteran
Local time
7:15 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone use turmeric in recipes? I've been taking it as a supplement for my arthritis but cannot really tell if that's helping so I'm considering buying the spice. I looked up some recipes with it but would prefer some ideas that are tried-n-true.

Do you use it often?
Do you feel it helps with any joint pain you may have?
All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Does anyone use turmeric in recipes? I've been taking it as a supplement for my arthritis but cannot really tell if that's helping so I'm considering buying the spice. I looked up some recipes with it but would prefer some ideas that are tried-n-true.

Do you use it often?

Thanks in advance!

I am a big fan of turmeric and I often use it to flavour certain dishes.
For some time now I have made a habit of adding it to water together with a few drops of lemon and a pinch of cinnamon to drink in the morning.
I can't tell you if it actually has any health effects but I imagine it does because it is a good anti-inflammatory and my stomach feels the benefits, but more than that I can't say. Maybe it's a matter of time or how each of us is made.

They also say that to have a greater effect, turmeric must be paired by black pepper.
I will look for some of my recipes in which I used it

I am a big fan of turmeric and I often use it to flavour certain dishes.
For some time now I have made a habit of adding it to water together with a few drops of lemon and a pinch of cinnamon to drink in the morning.
I can't tell you if it actually has any health effects but I imagine it does because it is a good anti-inflammatory and my stomach feels the benefits, but more than that I can't say. Maybe it's a matter of time or how each of us is made.

They also say that to have a greater effect, turmeric must be paired by black pepper.
I will look for some of my recipes in which I used it
We do use it, mainly in curries. I can't think of anything else, but I think Morning Glory uses it quite a lot.

I take a turmeric tablet every morning to help with some old knee injuries. I think it helps. I didn't know about the black pepper connection, but happily most of my breakfasts involve black pepper.

We do use it, mainly in curries. I can't think of anything else, but I think Morning Glory uses it quite a lot.

I take a turmeric tablet every morning to help with some old knee injuries. I think it helps. I didn't know about the black pepper connection, but happily most of my breakfasts involve black pepper.

Yep, black pepper and turmeric work perfectly together

If you combine turmeric and black pepper you multiply properties and benefits

Black pepper promotes the assimilation of turmeric.

Curcumin is not easily absorbed by the body: it has a low bioavailability, i.e. once ingested it is almost completely expelled into the poo pourri and urine.

By combining it with black pepper, it increases the absorption of curcumin by over 2000%

Hi all,

Do you use it often?

Thanks in advance!

I use it loads! Mainly in curry. Try adding half a teaspoon to the water when cooking rice for a pretty yellow rice. Also you can make turmeric hard boiled eggs. Steep shelled hard boiled eggs in water with turmeric mixed into it until they turn yellow. I'll try to find a photo...

Reactions: mjd
Hi all,

Do you use it often?

Thanks in advance!
This is a lovely curry mix: same (1) amount of dried turmeric, fenugreek, coriander and cumin (jeera), 1/2 amount of ground white or black peppercorns and dried chili. When cooking, add shallots, garlic, stalks of lemon grass (fresh or pickled), juice and zest of lime, salt and sugar to taste, a big dollop of fish sauce, crab paste or oyster sauce and plenty of coconut milk or cream.

Reactions: mjd
MypinchofItaly, thanks for your post, recipe and link to black pepper. I will get some soon and try it in water and make some muffins. Those sound good.

Epicuruc, thanks. I have a ton of old injuries coming home to roost. I have been taking a tablet each day for about six months but I'm not sure it's helping. I'm glad you are getting some relief!

MorningGlory, thanks. I love rice and hard boiled eggs. I'm going to try both.

Hemulen, I've only had curry at a Indian restaurant we used to visit. Never tried making it at home but your recipe sounds easy.

Thanks everybody!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom