Turmeric

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
9:27 AM

I use a significant quantity of powdered turmeric in curry powder, rice, potato dishes, etc.

Today a friend asked me whether I can taste the spice? My taste buds are pretty buggered from over the years so I really can't say that I can.

Can anyone else taste turmeric?

View attachment 36465

I use a significant quantity of powdered turmeric in curry powder, rice, potato dishes, etc.

Today a friend asked me whether I can taste the spice? My taste buds are pretty buggered from over the years so I really can't say that I can.

Can anyone else taste turmeric?

Most definitely yes - but if its mixed with other spices its not easy to pick out. I sometimes boil potatoes or cauliflower in water with turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric) added - aside from the glorious yellow colour it adds to the vegetables it adds a perfumed taste. Try it!

Most definitely yes - but if its mixed with other spices its not easy to pick out. I sometimes boil potatoes or cauliflower in water with turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric) added - aside from the glorious yellow colour it adds to the vegetables it adds a perfumed taste. Try it!

I many times fry potatoes and/or cauliflower with turmeric but not boil. Aloo ghobi is an example. But I still cannot say that I can taste the spice.

Back
Top Bottom