Turning great food up to eleven

Reverend Jimmy

Veteran
Local time
3:52 AM
What have you (or someone you know) done to take something that's already great and turn it up to 11?

What got me thinking about this was this cake that an ex-girlfriend once baked me for my birthday. It was the best cake I've ever had- it was chocolate, but not too sweet, with chocolate frosting, but not too thick; and atop it, forming a circle on the top of the cake, were fresh mint leaves.

Oh my God. Those were just the thing to take what was an already amazing cake and catapult it to- well, the best cake I've ever had.

My family goes crazy when I make my special banana cake. I only make it on special occassions but they absolutely love it! I once sent leftover banana cake with my husband to work and his employees begged me to open my own bakery. Yes, it is that good! I didn't have the heart to tell them how easy it is to make!
Ready to hear how I make it? It is so simple!
I bake a yellow cake. I then poke holes in the cake (familar with the term poke cake?) and pour in banana pie pudding with extra milk. I let it set in the fridge for about four hours. I then spread the cake with whip cream, and then crunch vanilla waffers on top. It is so delicious! :)

My family goes crazy when I make my special banana cake. I only make it on special occassions but they absolutely love it! I once sent leftover banana cake with my husband to work and his employees begged me to open my own bakery. Yes, it is that good! I didn't have the heart to tell them how easy it is to make!
Ready to hear how I make it? It is so simple!
I bake a yellow cake. I then poke holes in the cake (familar with the term poke cake?) and pour in banana pie pudding with extra milk. I let it set in the fridge for about four hours. I then spread the cake with whip cream, and then crunch vanilla waffers on top. It is so delicious! :)

I'm curious - what's a yellow cake?

Yellow cake is when you make your cake with egg yolks. The egg yolks give your cake a yellow color. In addition, white cake uses egg whites only, which gives the cake a white color.

Haha! Yes, I apologize. I should have been more clear. Us USA members do come up with crazy names for different foods. :)

Back
Top Bottom