Recipe Two egg recipes I love

BWinCA

Local time
12:12 AM
[Mod Edit: Recipes copied to form new thread - forum policy]

I have two recipes which I love. The first one was an invention of mine. I like fusion dishes and I put one together which I am very pleased with and serve to guests whenever they stay with us:

#1 Egg on Ciabatta
Ingredients (single serving)
single thick slice of ciabatta bread
a dab of mayonnaise
minced garlic
a slice of Havarti cheese with dill
1 egg
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
a dab of salsa

Instructions
1) Toast ciabatta lightly (crusty but not brown)
2) Cover it sparingly with mayonnaise
3) Spread the minced garlic over the bread
4) Put the slice of Havarti with dill on it (do not melt)
5) Fry the egg: Put enough oil in frying pan so that the edges of the egg turn brown and curl under med-high heat. We're going for the crispy effect here. Remove egg when edges are crispy and yolk is cooked but runny and place on top of cheese.
6) Dilute oyster sauce with several drops of water, to desired consistency, and pour on egg.
7) Top with the salsa.
8) Cut into the yolk and have it run over all the other ingredients and enjoy!

#2 Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs- This is an easy one and so good. I first ate these at a breakfast cafe in LA and after my son told me that they were copied after Gordon Ramsay's recipe I came home and have been making them ever since. Everyone loves these eggs!

Ingredients (serves 2)
6 cold eggs
15g butter
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon Half and half
1/2 tablespoon chopped chives, for garnish

Options for fillings: chives and sour creme, spinach and feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and dill, etc.

Instructions
  1. Crack 6 cold eggs into a saucepan and stir.
  2. Add the butter. (For smaller batches, use a 2-to-1 eggs-to-butter ratio).
  3. Put the pan on high heat and now you just rotate on the heat for 30 seconds, take off the heat for 10 seconds, return to heat for 30 seconds, off the heat for 10, etc., until eggs are done (3-4 minutes).
  4. Stir continuously when both on and off the heat, with a rubber spatula—don't whisk—making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
  5. When eggs are half done, put the Half and Half in. Then any fillings. (I usually do this during the 'off-heat' mode)
  6. After 30 seconds, take the pan off the heat. Keep stirring. After about 10 seconds, put back on the heat. Repeat for 3 minutes.
  7. When done plate and enjoy! You can garnish with chopped chives if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
5) Fry the egg: Put enough oil in frying pan so that the edges of the egg turn brown and curl under med-high heat. We're going for the crispy effect here. Remove egg when edges are crispy and yolk is cooked but runny and place on top of cheese.
6) Dilute oyster sauce with several drops of water, to desired consistency, and pour on egg.

I love these two steps! This sounds so good.

#2 Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs- This is an easy one and so good. I first ate these at a breakfast cafe in LA and after my son told me that they were copied after Gordon Ramsay's recipe I came home and have been making them ever since. Everyone loves these eggs!

I have seen GR's video on scrambled eggs. In the video he used Creme Fraiche. I sometimes substitute Sour Cream. They are rich and luscious. Soft and creamy. I hate over cooked scrambled eggs. An insult to Nature's perfect food.

In one of his videos he served the eggs on thick toast with a side of sauteed mushroom and cherry tomatoes.

:hungry:

I have seen GR's video on scrambled eggs. In the video he used Creme Fraiche. I sometimes substitute Sour Cream. They are rich and luscious. Soft and creamy. I hate over cooked scrambled eggs. An insult to Nature's perfect food.

In one of his videos he served the eggs on thick toast with a side of sauteed mushroom and cherry tomatoes.

:hungry:

I used Creme Fraiche at first but to be honest I didn't think there was any discernible difference between that and the half and half, and since there is a lot more work in making the Creme Fraiche I went with the half and half. Yes, sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes would be good!

Egg cooked in mustard oil with mustard seeds, balsamic & oregano:

For those in the UK, Morrisons sells edible mustard oil.

Ham and Egg Cups

George left yesterday to go to our fishing camp for a tournament this weekend. He gets up early and wants something quick for breakfast. I made a batch of these cuties. G and his son had them this morning. I received a text from Step Son thanking me!:ohmy:

View attachment 38672

Gorgeous - do you make them in a muffin tin?

Back
Top Bottom