UK Expats on-line supermarket

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:35 AM
This may be of interest to UK expats. British Corner Shop - The Online Supermarket for Expats. They ship anywhere in the world and as far as I can tell the prices for shipping are reasonable. I came across them because I was trying to buy Gentleman's Relish which I wasn't able to find in my usual on-line supermarkets. Some of the prices are a bit (a lot?) inflated but it seems to vary. The Gentleman's Relish I bought was usual price.

They have Atora suet Burt Blank and Maynard's Midget Gems Yorky!

Last edited:
I suggested this to my boss last Friday when she started talking about how much she loves Club orange chocolate bars, which aren't sold in Portugal. It really made her day.

This may be of interest to UK expats. British Corner Shop - The Online Supermarket for Expats. They ship anywhere in the world and as far as I can tell the prices for shipping are reasonable. I came across them because I was trying to buy Gentleman's Relish which I wasn't able to find in my usual on-line supermarkets. Some of the prices are a bit (a lot?) inflated but it seems to vary. The Gentleman's Relish I bought was usual price.

They have Atora suet Burt Blank and Maynard's Midget Gems Yorky!
Afternoon morning, I knew about it but for some reason the corner shop tag put me off, so I never investigated. I'm impressed, Mrs B at the mention of a Waitrose section was immediately sold.Thank you, you have made an old man very happy.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18JmieM8SFc&ab_channel=analogmoose

All I now need is a cat as an alibi
1605593572569.png

I'm beginning to think I'm losing the plot. Still can't find Waitrose stuff. When I click on your link I get this:
You're not going mad....the website is set up to offer different content depending on where you are located.

I just did an experiment....when following the link whilst logged on to my work laptop (VPN internet gateway not in the UK) I get a Waitrose section in the middle at the top (where your screenshot shows "Brit Kits". If I disconnect from the VPN I get the same screen as you do.

I looks like they don't sell the Waitrose stuff to UK customers, but you can change your delivery country to something else by clicking on the English flag in the top right corner.

TastyReuben It's probably the only chance you and I will get to pull a British cracker View attachment 50626
I can get those here! Look for them in my tree, once we get that decorated.

Yes - I was wondering if TastyReuben might be interested in this site...
I'm actually already familiar with that site, though I've never ordered anything from it...yet.

I live fairly close to Dayton, Ohio. Dayton (well, Fairborn, actually) is the home of Wright-Patterson AFB. The US Air Force has a good presence it the U.K. (used to be much larger), which means many Air Force folks married English folks, and so around any USAF air base, there's usually a decent contingent of English People (and German, and Korean, and Filipino...), which means there are specialty shops a-plenty selling Maynard's wine gums and Bisto and even frozen imported sausages and pies.

On top of that, there's a massive international grocer less than an hour away, and they've got just about anything I could want, as far as imported food goes. We'll be heading there the first week in December, to load up on Cadbury roses and holiday biscuits from Mcvitie's and Fox (and getting those crackers!).

You're not going mad....the website is set up to offer different content depending on where you are located.

I just did an experiment....when following the link whilst logged on to my work laptop (VPN internet gateway not in the UK) I get a Waitrose section in the middle at the top (where your screenshot shows "Brit Kits". If I disconnect from the VPN I get the same screen as you do.

I looks like they don't sell the Waitrose stuff to UK customers, but you can change your delivery country to something else by clicking on the English flag in the top right corner.

Ah - I this explains it!

Back
Top Bottom