Using members' images in featured threads

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
2:11 PM
Mod.edit: moved to new thread.

Lebanon bologna, farmers’ cheese, and spicy mustard sandwich, with some leftover baked beans and some cheesy poofs.

I made that a close-up hi-res pic in case Morning Glory wants to use that in a featured thread. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lebanon bologna, farmers’ cheese, and spicy mustard sandwich, with some leftover baked beans and some cheesy poofs.

I made that a close-up hi-res pic in case Morning Glory wants to use that in a featured thread. :laugh:

Wouldn't work as a featured thread photo as there are too many elements which are separated by white plate. Choosing images that work drives me mad because the featured thread software 'chooses' what it thinks is best and also displays differently in the thread itself. If I used your image it would end up looking something like this:

I'm not sure if you meant your comment in jest but..

Unfortunately, very few members' images can be used. This is mainly because they are not high res enough. But its also to do with what the damned software chooses as the 'best framing'.

Last edited:
I should add that high res. has nothing to do with whether you are using a phone camera or stand alone camera. Either will be fine.

They absolutely do. Are you using an iPhone for your photos? If so, TastyReuben uses one and can tell you how to set it. I'm using a rather old Samsung...
Yes, I have the SE that we had to buy in November 2020, because Verizon was no longer going to be able to provide service to my old one, can't remember which one that was. I want to say we bought in January 2012, yeah that's it!

Heh now, I've got 2 more weeks of paper plates :laugh:
Oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with using paper plates. It's putting them in the featured food photos on this website that is, errr, questionable. But of course TR was just kidding around. But I thought his sandwich looked yummy all the same. Oh but yes, the cheese puff snack might also be in question...:laugh::laugh:

This is mainly because they are not high res enough. But its also to do with what the damned software chooses as the 'best framing'.

The high res images from my camera are too large to load to the site. even at 1600 x 1200 I need to reduce the quality by 25%.

The high res images from my camera are too large to load to the site. even at 1600 x 1200 I need to reduce the quality by 25%.

Are you sure? I thought the site automatically reduces them. I don't reduce mine*. Your images, by the way, are fine for using in featured threads and I often do use them. :okay:

* this one I'm uploading is:

Back
Top Bottom