TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
10:17 PM
Do you have any Valentine’s Day plans? Please share! 💗

BEF85509-1FC4-4251-8AEE-49844015E64A.jpeg

Last edited:
We normally have a nice meal at home, but one year as a special treat I took Lu to see a one man show by the socislist comedian and activist Mark Thomas, as he recounted his walk along the kength of the exclusion wall built by the Israelis to keep the Palistinians out of their rightful lands.

We used to. Back when the restaurant existed we used to drive out to the middle of nowhere for a vegetarian restaurant called Clements in Surrey/Hampshire border area. It was a treat and it was great. It stopped when they closed the restaurant side of life down to concentrate entirely on their catering. After that we'd go to Pizza Express in our local town for a treat. It wasn't quite the same.

Now? We don't really do anything to be honest. This year I've got a consultants appointment that day just to add to the fun at a hospital notorious for car parking issues... so no plans

We usually stay home and husband makes me a nice dinner…but considering all the cooking he’s been doing lately, he might ask me to cook this year!

Quite frequently for V-day he’ll make filet mignon with a red wine sauce, horseradish mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Often he’ll make vanilla cakes in ramekins for dessert.

Again, not too sure what will happen this year - who cooks will likely depend on how my ankle is with regards to standing and being able to actually do stuff.

We usually just do something at home, since hubby long ago determined that most meals I cook are better than what we can get out anyway. Now that's a sweet Valentine!

I bought 2 racks of young lamb from Aussie awhile back that I will butcher into lamb chops (and save the scraps) so I can make him his favorite lamb lollipops. He will have to fire up the grill for a few minutes but the rest will be my efforts.

And the dessert? We don't often eat sweets. So...maybe I will put something on besides a sweatshirt and sweatpants, LOL! At least after dinner...some candles, wine, and champagne...and some Burt Bacharach tunes, among other romantic and timeless pieces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom