Vanilla cream

Jan JS

Über Member
Local time
2:12 AM
Hello dear friends. As a vegan I am really struggling to find good vanilla recipes so I decided to make my own. I have found a few vanilla spreads but they are all very expansive, not really healthy and not tasty either.
Because I am nor a cook nor a desserts expert, I would like to ask you, fellow dessert loving people, to help me make my recipe even better and maybe some day you will enjoy eating it. Current spread is a mixture of nuts, sweet dates( which gives very sweet taste with
0 sugar->healthy), vanilla and few other stuff.
If you are still reading this and want to help out I would much appreciate if you comment which ingredient would in your opinion make my spread even better. If your comment helps me, you will get a free sample when this super duper spread is done
clip_image001.png

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Perhaps you could explain what a vanilla spread is? Its not a term familiar to me. Is it something you spread on bread?

Hello dear friends. As a vegan I am really struggling to find good vanilla recipes so I decided to make my own. I have found a few vanilla spreads but they are all very expansive, not really healthy and not tasty either.
Because I am nor a cook nor a desserts expert, I would like to ask you, fellow dessert loving people, to help me make my recipe even better and maybe some day you will enjoy eating it. Current spread is a mixture of nuts, sweet dates( which gives very sweet taste with
0 sugar->healthy), vanilla and few other stuff.
If you are still reading this and want to help out I would much appreciate if you comment which ingredient would in your opinion make my spread even better. If your comment helps me, you will get a free sample when this super duper spread is done
clip_image001.png

Thank you very much and have a nice day!
Hi and welcome to CookingBites.
As someone who is veggan (vegan plus eggs),several things come to find. however I also have questions such as where are you located and how do you plan to get such samples posted around the world?
I am also unfamiliar with what you are referring to a vanilla spread. something like a chocolate spread to go on bread or toast? but then you switch between vanilla cream in the title and vanilla spread in the text.

Vanilla cream should be very easy to make and keep a good colour. cashew nut cream, vanilla and some sweetener such as a maple syrup (not much is needed so you shouldn't tint the cream colour too much) or a Homemade golden icing sugar (made from known vegan sugar sources). beat together. the density of the cream is going to depend entirely on how good your high speed liquidiser is (such as an Omniblend, Vitamix or similar)

Vanilla spread on the other hand could be anything. I'm assuming a more solid more buttery like texture. so you'll be looking to make your own vegan buttery first. I use a recipe for 'cultured European butter' which contains coconut oil, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vegan probiotics and a few other ingredients I can't remember off the top of my head. that makes a solid mixture that is actually very nice and similar to butter. it made very good chocolate truffles. making that sweet and vanilla flavoured again should not be too difficult. the butter would need aerating, infusing with vanilla and presumably sweetening. aeration will be pretty easy. beat in some Homemade golden icing sugar whilst you are at it. flavouring with vanilla will be more interesting and I actually think with this would work better done earlier in the recipe when actually creating the butter in the first place. heating one of the oils with the vanilla pod? or vanilla seeds and slowing them to cool in the fat before heating a second time to make the butter might work. personally I think it would be easier adding a vanilla extract though at a later stage but nowhere near as authentic.

Back
Top Bottom