Vegan / Vegetarian Transitioning Experiences & Tips

Jade

Veteran
Local time
11:49 PM
I still eat meat, but lately, I've been feeling more and more uncomfortable with eating them. I don't exactly know how I came to this realization as I've never really been that much curious with vegetarianism and have almost never felt the need to look it up, but one day as I was eating a burger or rice meal (can't remember), it just suddenly felt wrong that I was eating an animal and I even slightly began to feel a bit disgusted by it, albeit only very slightly.

Obviously, it wasn't enough to cause me to change drastically, only that I have a new found appreciation for vegetable dishes now and am strongly considering going full vegetarian someday. I think I might have some trouble letting go of a few ingredients, though, such as chicken/beef broth and cheese, but I think what I feel is growing into being able to let those things go someday.

Anyway, I'd like to hear if any of our vegetarians here had a similar "trigger" in terms of it pretty much just being somewhat random, and if not, then just describe your own experiences on how and why you got started. Also, for those who have been vegetarians their whole lives, please do share your stories and thoughts on this as well - particularly, how you feel towards eating meat. Are you "disgusted" by it?

Back
Top Bottom