Recipe Vegetarian Chipotle Baked Beans

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
12:09 PM
0.jpg
Sweet, smoky and spicy, chipotle baked beans make a flavorful meatless dish. Feel free to adjust the level of spice to your personal taste (and go ahead and add cooked bacon if you're feeling carnivorous)

Ingredients
1 Pound navy OR cannellini beans, soaked overnight
3 Cups Coca-Cola
2 Cups Water
2 Teaspoons smoked paprika
2 Tablespoons double-concentrated tomato paste (look for it in a tube)
1 diced yellow onion
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 whole canned chipotles in adobo sauce
1 Tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotles (depending on desired spice level)
1 Teaspoon celery salt
1 bay leaf
1 Clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Dash Optional: liquid smoke

Directions
Combine in slow cooker and cook for eight hours on low, adding liquid if needed.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/food/coca-cola-vegetarian-chipotle-baked-beans/

Beans are one of my favorite dishes. I like to try all different kinds of bean recipes so I know that I will give this one a try the next time I make up some beans. They sound so good! :)

I reckon if you remove the beans and add some potatoes,gratinate with a nice cheese serve with a flavoured mayo and some braised Swiss chard as its in season it would make a nice dish for the potato competition

I reckon if you remove the beans and add some potatoes,gratinate with a nice cheese serve with a flavoured mayo and some braised Swiss chard as its in season it would make a nice dish for the potato competition
Ha-ha. Now who is going to post it for the comp?

But surely you wouldn't slow cook potatoes for eight hours? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom