Vegetarian/Vegan January

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
8:47 PM
[Mod. Edit: Post moved to start a new thread as its topical]

I’m doing Vegetarian January (but will probably eat fish occasionally during the month). I have some health issues so am doing it to see if it helps me feel any better.

I’m not organised enough for vegan plus keep bees so it’s a little contradictory to sell honey.

Last edited by a moderator:
A great way to start the year. :okay:

In the UK we have Veganuary which caught on like wildfire last year. It is a bit more difficult really to go vegan until you get used to it and it can work out more expensive that vegetarian depending on how much you are prepared to make from scratch. I tend to eat vegetarian most of the time unless I'm staying with my friend. What I cook is another matter as I'm continually trying out new ideas some of which obviously involve meat or fish.

So you keep bees! How wonderful that is - do you have many hives?

Anyway - the best of luck @LadyBelle.

Is anyone else thinking of going vegan or veggie for a month or perhaps permanently for at least several days a week (the latter certainly seems to be the trend here).

Actually forgoing meat but eating fish is called a pescatarian. Careful on which fish you eat and how much...some have a lot of mercury in them.

Yes I did know that Oddduck.

So far going well. Vegan days, and mainly vegetarian. I have lost some weight.

Tesco have launched a vegan range, so on the hectic days with work it was useful to be able to pick up some vegan ready made wraps.

I love my meat too much to go vegan. However I do make vegetarian dishes or starters.vege samosas and onion bhajees come straight to mind. They are popular.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom