Veggie House - Reindeer Food

mjd

Veteran
Local time
1:14 AM
Everybody leaves treats for Santa but what about his reindeer? They work hard on Christmas Eve! Isn't this a fun idea to share with our reindeer friends?

Edited to add: List (from what I see in the photo)

Artichoke​
Trees​
Bell pepper (red)​
Front door)​
Broccoli​
Hedges​
Carrots​
Siding​
Cauliflower​
Snow​
Celery​
Roof​
Cream cheese​
Glue​
Cucumber​
Front panel​
Mushrooms (brown)​
Trees​
Mushrooms (white)​
Trees​
Onions (pearl)​
Snowman​
Potato (sweet)​
Walkway​
Potatoes (white)​
Walkway​
Starfruit​
Front panel​

fcfc47d48ebd097b0d57e3a56662e2f0.jpg

Not my photo. A friend forwarded it to me.

Last edited:
Here is a serious question. Do reindeer actually like carrots?

I believe they do. My kids wanted to start a small garden in our yard. We weren't very successful but did get a handful of carrots. There were large footprints in the garden beds so I don't think it was rabbits or squirrels.

Last edited:
My dogs would eat them, well before the reindeer arrived :laugh:
Yep. Our Kate loves carrots.

When I had my family I would make a "grazing tray" so my kids would run in and grab something quick while I was prepping meals. I always bought extras when cooking from recipes to account for it.

Here's a funny for you. I had an open kitchen in the last house so you could get to the dining room and family room in a circle. My kids would run through and snatch whatever I was chopping up. My daughter (then about 10 years old) comes running through, stops, grabs a piece of yellow onion and asked if she could eat it.

D: Mom, can I eat this piece of onion raw?
M: Yes, you CAN. I would advise that you don't, but you can.
D: I'm going to try it.
M: OK. Go for it.
D: <bites into raw onion, makes a face> Mom, do you get tired of being right?

Team Mom: 1, Kid: 0

When I had my family I would make a "grazing tray" so my kids would run in and grab something quick while I was prepping meals. I always bought extras when cooking from recipes to account for it.

Here's a funny for you. I had an open kitchen in the last house so you could get to the dining room and family room in a circle. My kids would run through and snatch whatever I was chopping up. My daughter (then about 10 years old) comes running through, stops, grabs a piece of yellow onion and asked if she could eat it.

D: Mom, can I eat this piece of onion raw?
M: Yes, you CAN. I would advise that you don't, but you can.
D: I'm going to try it.
M: OK. Go for it.
D: <bites into raw onion, makes a face> Mom, do you get tired of being right?

Team Mom: 1, Kid: 0
We always ate raw onions from the garden when I was a kid. I can still see my dad, pulling up the drive from work, walking straight out to the garden, pulling an onion, then trimming it with his pocket knife while walking back. He'd eat it like an apple.

I like raw red onions. I usually add a little to deli sandwiches or salads. I like yellow and white onions but they are almost always cooked first.

I used to leave a pair of Manx kippers out for them. They never ate them, which is good otherwise I would have had only toast sprinkled with malt vinegar for my Chistmas brekkie.

Back
Top Bottom