Venison steak

teamshepherd

Veteran
Local time
12:56 PM
What is the secret to making venison steak without it coming out like the bottom of the shoe? It is a new meat to me an I already ruined one set of steaks, would like to not have a repeat!

I am not an expert with this meat either, I know when my mom did steaks on the Foreman grill they were tough. I would recommend slow cooking venison. If I got some that is definitely the route I would take as slow cooking tenderizes meat very well, even cuts that have a tendency to be pretty tough.

The secret is a broiler or a grill and low low heat. Constantly marinate the steak too, don't let just "set and forget it" inside the oven. You have to actively baby it to make it turn out well.

For chops and backstraps, I'd say take some lipton onion soup mixtures and various salts go a long way for pre-seasoning. Also, if you slow cook the steak in chunks it literally falls right apart, and it makes for good appetizers for parties and events, because they go good with dipping sauces.

Give it a try.

i use haunch of venison and make medallions ,bone out the leg ,separate the muscle groups and seam all the sinews off the meat and then slice into medallions ,marinade in oil and red wine and aromates of your choice for at least 48 hours ,then sear off in a hot pan ,under cook the meat and rest for ten minutes

i use haunch of venison and make medallions ,bone out the leg ,separate the muscle groups and seam all the sinews off the meat and then slice into medallions ,marinade in oil and red wine and aromates of your choice for at least 48 hours ,then sear off in a hot pan ,under cook the meat and rest for ten minutes

Sounds like delicious strips to go along with some rice, or over the rice, if cut finely enough. Mmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom