Very simple bread.

Jtness

Local time
8:53 AM
Hi there!

I'm looking to make a very simple Loaf of Bread using the least amount of ingredients.

I'm thinking of something like self raising Flour, Water and Salt.

Does anyone know of such a recipe? And if so would you mind giving the measurements in Grams please.

Thankyou in advance!!

bread, with the least ingredients:
flour, water, yeast.

check/search on "no knead bread"
430 g strong flour (aka: bread flour)
345 g water
5 ml / teaspoon dry active yeast
salt is option - 5 ml for taste
NOTE:!!! flours absorb water to a more or less degree - and your particular flour brand may require you to adjust water amount.

"bread" using baking powder and/or/both baking soda are typically referred to as "short breads" - and they usually require/include fats (butter) and sweetener (sugar)
short breads are typically more dense than yeast breads - more of a cookie (UK: biscuit) product

self raising flour has baking powder "pre-mixed" - I never use it because there are (most) times where one does not want the duplicate leavening ingredients.

Certainly all of the above are wonderful!

In case you want to consider another one...

On Easter morning I made breakfast buns made of flour, water with baking soda stirred (teaspoon of soda), some salt (pinch), some sugar (two pinches). Mix until the thickness of muffin mixture. You can do buns in moulds, or bread as a loaf...

Instead of the water with soda stirred you may use any carbonated mineral water. I used it other times too, works the same.

It works ever time.
This recipe was given to me by a Mom of a former student of mine. She said she makes this kind of bread with different flours every other day.
You could mix in chopped olives, caramelised onion, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, any seeds or nuts you like.

Back
Top Bottom