Vitamix

Bestek Commercial Blender..jpg 2.jpg

Amazon has a lot of Vitamix-type blenders where you can pay about $100 or less for one, & still get one that works like a mad Vitamix machine!! Here's mine. it can even makes steamy hot soup without the use of a stove!! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines around 25 years old, will put a pic up when downstairs. It's prolly processed hundreds of thousands of litres of sauce etc through it. From pate to croquettes, it gets used a lot. And stil going strong.

Russ

Probably the best selling point of these machines is that the high-speed motor spins the blades incredibly fast, anywhere from 25,000 to 43,000 rpm. This method helps provide the friction that's needed to make piping hot sauces & soups without a stove!! Ninja machines can't do that because they all use plastic drive mounts to spin the blades. Not fast enough without having a meltdown of the drive systems!! :headshake:

Last edited:
View attachment 29460

Amazon has a lot of Vitamix-type blenders where you can pay about $100 or less for one, & still get one that works like a mad Vitamix machine!! Here's mine. it can even makes steamy hot soup without the use of a stove!! :wink:
I paid out over £250 for a Vitamix type blender. it came with a 'reassuring' 1 year warranty. It fought to make smooth anything involving nuts. Yes it too could make soup hot without the stove, but that isn't what is needed and whilst we had it, we though it was OK and doing the job. I could just about make a cream of cashew nuts if they had been soaked overnight AND then involved a lot of water. (EDIT in brackets: I forgot to mention the need to hold the Vitamix style processor down - it would walk off the counter otherwise). After about 10minutes blending we would have something that if we passed it through a sieve we could call cashew nut cream.

When it gave up the ghost we decided a Vitamix was too expensive. But repairing or replacing the "Vitamix type" processor was out of the question. The parts to repair it were almost as expensive as a new one and with it having died (and it died totally) within a year of its warranty expiring we were suspect about spending the same kind of money again on something to get less than 2 years out of it, Yes we used it a lot. but....

And so we lasted a year of constantly turning around and trying to pick up the processor that wasn't there anymore....
Christmas came around and the shop had offers on. And it would be our 2nd Christmas without it. So we took the plunge literally. We spent less than twice what we paid on the Vitamix type processor and it came with a 10 year warranty. The very first time I tried blending cashew nuts, I knew we had made the right move. Less than 1 minute, much less water involved and we hadn't needed to soak the cashew nuts overnight. I didn't need to hold the processor down, and we had totally smooth, thick cashew nut butter, actually thicker than I needed.

I'm sorry, but having been in the boat that says "Vitamix type was OK", I'm no longer of the opinion that they are worth the money. Save up and get a proper Vitamix blender and you will never look back.

Last edited:
Vitamix has the Explorian, which still cost about $299 at some places. Or you can get a refurbished Vitamix & save some money. it's still like new. it's their lowest-priced machine. :wink:

We paid around £400-450 for our Vitamix blender, taking the sale (half price) and exchange rate into account. It retails, if you can actually find somewhere without a sale on in Australia, at AUD $1,495 (about £825 currently)
We got the (goes to look it up) Vitamix Ascent A3500i series. Haven't looked back. I can't rate it highly enough and it has been worth every penny for us. Forgot the KitchenAid Stick blender with its myriad of attachments and processing bowls. That rarely sees the light of day. It is a very unusual week if the Vitamix isn't out at least twice or three times in a week. I personally wish we had saved our money (and space on the shelf) and bought the Vitamix much sooner. I can count on my hand the number of times I have used the KitchenAid blender since we bought it 3 years or so ago (so less than 5 times in 3 years). I would be pushing it to count on both hands how often I used the Vitamix last month (so +10 times in a month).

Edit: additional - I guess the only downside has been that I need to use 2 cups or 300g of cashew nuts in the blender. It means experimenting uses twice what I would experiment with and tbh, I don't need 8 servings of mac and cheese cheese sauce. So I've just gotten used to cooking 4 days of meals and freezing 2 of them. Luckily I have found that my cashew nut based sauces freeze absolutely fine and when defrosted you can't tell that they were actually frozen.:heat:

They are an investment for life though and if you don't regularly use the features they have, then they are probably not worth it. Do I wish I had bought one sooner - yes. I would have purchased one 20 years ago if I had known about them back then. I made do for way too many years. Just remember they are not a liquidiser replacement. They do considerably more than that.

Last edited:
I, also, have a stick blender, & I'm now wondering if I can use it to chop up veggies for things like soups, stews & stuffing. Hmm!! :wink:

I, also, have a stick blender, & I'm now wondering if I can use it to chop up veggies for things like soups, stews & stuffing. Hmm!! :wink:
I do not recall that being an option even with the bowl attachment (for chopping/pureeing fresh herbs). My immediate thought (and I'm not one to normally worry about safety too much) would be fingers being chopped up trying.

I started a thread on the subject of using it as a chopper, but now that I think of it, it might end up turning things into mush!! :headshake:

Edit: additional - I guess the only downside has been that I need to use 2 cups or 300g of cashew nuts in the blender. It means experimenting uses twice what I would experiment with and tbh, I don't need 8 servings of mac and cheese cheese sauce. So I've just gotten used to cooking 4 days of meals and freezing 2 of them

Ah - that is enough to put me off. I am constantly experimenting and it often means things don't work. I wouldn't want to have to make larger quantities of failed sauces etc. Also, I dislike cooking more than I need and freezing things. Because I'm constantly developing new recipes, we rarely eat the same thing more than once in a blue moon. So stuff ends up languishing in the freezer forever. Its a pity they don't make a 'mini Vitamix'.

Ah - that is enough to put me off. I am constantly experimenting and it often means things don't work. I wouldn't want to have to make larger quantities of failed sauces etc. Also, I dislike cooking more than I need and freezing things. Because I'm constantly developing new recipes, we rarely eat the same thing more than once in a blue moon. So stuff ends up languishing in the freezer forever. Its a pity they don't make a 'mini Vitamix'.
I probably just need to purchase a smaller jug

Mini Vitamix blender..jpg

They DO, & here it is!! Thought that you knew about THIS one. :wink:

View attachment 29487
They DO, & here it is!! Thought that you knew about THIS one. :wink:
But if you read the reviews on tbe S30, it is not capable of "pulverising seeds". It is simply a small blender and @morning glory was looking for the ability to make things like dairy free cheese from cashew nuts, so if it can't manage seeds, it is most definitely not going to manage nuts. You need one that says it can make nut butters to ensure it is powerful enough. Btw this is one of the models we rejected when we were looking to purchase one because of that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom