Waffle making methods/equipment

Liam_A

Local time
2:21 AM
Hello,

I'd like to start making waffles, and I need some advice about the required equipment.
My options as I see them are:

1. An aluminum maker to use with a stove, such as:

s-l1600.jpg
My cusin has an old one that looks just like it but is made of cast iron. I guess it's better than the aluminum one? Can't find one of those anyhow, guess they don't make them anymore.

2. An electric one, such as:

s-l1600-2.jpg

3. A silicon pan to use in an oven, such as:
s-l1600-3.jpg

I'd like to know what are the advantages of each of these different methods. If any of you guys could share your experience i'd be very grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to CookingBites @Liam_A. You will notice that the links contained in your post have been replaced by images. This is because we have to be sure that new members are not posting spam. The images are easier for other members too - rather than them having to click on links.

Your question is not one I am able to answer as I have never made waffles! In fact, it is on my 'to do' list and I have purchased a silicone mould as in the third photo.

@Liam_A

Welcome to CookingBites ..

One of my daughter in laws has a Creperie on the northern Costa Brava, in Cadaquès, close to the French Border, and she has a profesional Griddle for Waffles however, I do not know which type or brand she uses .. I do recall her mentioning she had bought it via a Distributor in Ámsterdam who Works with my parents hospitality business ..

Have a nice weekend ..

My Mum had a lovely waffle iron. It was probably cast aluminium. It was rather like one section of the silicon ones in your third photo, but with a handle sticking up out of the middle. The waffles were made in a ordinary frying pan. I could never quite work out how they came out perfectly every time.

@Liam_A , thinking about this, I suggest you purchase the silicon moulds as they can be bought very cheaply. Then you can experiment with making waffles without splashing out lots of money. If it works out well you could then consider buying a more expensive gadget.

Thank you all for replying.
After giving it some more consideration I will probably buy one of the electric makers

Back
Top Bottom