Warm pineapple juice

Local time
7:00 PM
I have always heard that eating lots of fruit and drinking fruit juices, is good for keeping colds away because of their high vitamin C content. Eating lots of fruit when one has a cold is also known to be beneficial. However, some years ago, a relative of mine informed me that drinking warm pineapple juice at the first sign of a cold can be very helpful in getting rid of the cold altogether, lessening its impact, or shortening its stay. So, apparently, although drinking pineapple juice at room temperature is good, warming it up seems to be more beneficial. I am not sure why this would be the case, but I suppose that the heat combined with the acidity would be more effective. She did not mention doing this with other juices like orange juice, guava juice or apple juice.

I have never tried the warm pineapple juice though. Have any of you ever heard of this or even tried it?

Actually pineapple juice is one of my favorite juice drink and I like drinking it cold and sometimes with cubes of ice but I had not experience drinking warm pineapple juice. It is nice to know that is beneficial to counteract the first symptom of a cold or for lessening its impact or shortening its stay like what you had said. Thanks for sharing this post and I learned something new. :)

I love pineapple juice! Although it tends to make my mouth burn up a bit, I still enjoy the flavor. I have not tried warm pineapple juice. It doesn't sound too appealing, but if it's beneficial in any way, I wouldn't mind trying it. I have used "pineapple enzyme" chew tablets for oncoming colds before, so I'm assuming this has a similar affect.

I, also, like pineapple juice but have only drank it cold with ice cubes. The warm juice would definitely be soothing when you had a cold. I am not sure about the other benefits of it but I would be willing to try it. This time of year there are a lot of colds going around. I actually just got over one. I still have the cough but at least the congestion is gone now. Wish I had known about this earlier I would have given it a try. It wouldn't hurt to try. I will have to remember that one for the next cold I get.

Truth be told, I have never heard any of this before and I have actually never had 'warm' pineapple juice. I did a quick search and found nothing to support the claim about warming the juice but it's worth considering. What I did find is lots of evidence to suggest that pineapple has more health benefits than I previous thought.

Interesting! I had never heard of that theory myself before - but I guess maybe it's the acidity, similar to how people might make honey and lemon tea when they have a cold. I'll keep it in mind for the next time I'm feeling poorly!

I remember an uncle who would drink heated pineapple juice when he has a cold. He said that the vitamin C in the pineapple juice is more potent when it is heated. My mother used to give me a glass of pineapple juice with lots of ice when I have a fever. And miraculously, my fever will subside. The explanation is the cold juice douses the heat in my body. Back to warm pineapple juice, I think it has a logic but I would still prefer iced pineapple juice for refreshment.

I remember an uncle who would drink heated pineapple juice when he has a cold. He said that the vitamin C in the pineapple juice is more potent when it is heated. My mother used to give me a glass of pineapple juice with lots of ice when I have a fever. And miraculously, my fever will subside. The explanation is the cold juice douses the heat in my body. Back to warm pineapple juice, I think it has a logic but I would still prefer iced pineapple juice for refreshment.

I have read that drinking pineapple juice when one has a cough is even more effective than drinking cough syrup. I agree that a cold glass of pineapple juice would be more refreshing than if it is warm, but if drinking it warm proves to be more beneficial, then I would have no problem drinking it like that. I think it has its benefits whether warm, cold, or at room temperature, since it is known to be loaded with vitamin C.

When I was young my mom would make me a hot lemonade when I am down with colds or cough. I do not like the taste of it when it is hot. I have not tried pineapple although nowadays I am sold to the idea that the warm water and the acid would help cure a common colds. There is nothing wrong with it if it will help me get rid of the colds I would definitely try it.

Wow
I have always heard that eating lots of fruit and drinking fruit juices, is good for keeping colds away because of their high vitamin C content. Eating lots of fruit when one has a cold is also known to be beneficial. However, some years ago, a relative of mine informed me that drinking warm pineapple juice at the first sign of a cold can be very helpful in getting rid of the cold altogether, lessening its impact, or shortening its stay. So, apparently, although drinking pineapple juice at room temperature is good, warming it up seems to be more beneficial. I am not sure why this would be the case, but I suppose that the heat combined with the acidity would be more effective. She did not mention doing this with other juices like orange juice, guava juice or apple juice.

I have never tried the warm pineapple juice though. Have any of you ever heard of this or even tried it?
, Wow, that is a new one on me. I don't get many colds so I don't know whether it would work or not. I couldn't vouch for it. I do know that an ingredient found in pineapple juice....bromade??? is helpful in healing after surgery.

When I was young my mom would make me a hot lemonade when I am down with colds or cough. I do not like the taste of it when it is hot. I have not tried pineapple although nowadays I am sold to the idea that the warm water and the acid would help cure a common colds. There is nothing wrong with it if it will help me get rid of the colds I would definitely try it.

Yes, you wouldn't like the taste of hot lemonade or pineapple juice. We also give hot lemonade to a flu patient or one with common colds. But it's not actually made from lemon but from calamansi, that small citrus like kumquat which is so sour. Whenever that would be given to a child with a cold, expect the phleghm to come out. So now I remember that it is either pineapple juice or calamansi juice (our local lemonade) that is heated to treat the colds or flu. It is very effective when taken with paracetamol.

Back
Top Bottom