Watching medical documentaries

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
1:52 AM
We watch a lot of these documentaries because we find them very interesting and also learn a great deal.

We get to see both sides of the human element of what the medical professionals do, their smiles when they help, their looks of frustration when they can't. The skills of all involved is quite awe inspiring.

Some scenes can be quite graphic but neither of us are squeamish so doesn't bother us, I know this isn't the case for everyone.

I watch 'Inside the Ambulance' sometimes. Its an excellent documentary series. Its great to watch the paramedics at work - they all seem exceptionally great at relating to each other and the patients.

Sunday evening is Emergency Helicopter Medics, Tuesday a new series of Surgeons at the edge of life, graphic medical procedures and amazing skills and dedication of the surgeons and nurses.

Perhaps my favorite is My 600lb Life!

it is interesting as to whether the patients on the show, after or before receiving life-saving weight-loss surgery are going to be successful or not.
Sadly, some have died. :(

Perhaps my favorite is My 600lb Life!

it is interesting as to whether the patients on the show, after or before receiving life-saving weight-loss surgery are going to be successful or not.
Sadly, some have died. :(

I have seen a few here and there, my heart goes out to those whose early lives have been so bad that they have turned to food as a comfort. Some have had a really s*t childhood :(

I used to watch medical ships, ? Ship load of docs and medical staff go to poor countries and perform life saving miracles. The best one was removing tumours from kids and adults. Life altering. Havnt seen it for ages. I'm pretty squeamish as well, I put my hand up when they start cutting so I can't see the blood n gore.

Russ

I go a very peculiar colour and feel a minor Jackson Pollock coming along if I so much as glimpse at an open surgical area; needless to say, I'll never make it as a surgeon. If a movie shows a bit of surgery (Stephen King's "The Dark Half"), I've got a hand up to my eyes, and peeking through my fingers.

Last night we watched a documentary which involved a man with internal bleeding, the surgeons cut him open and rumaged around. I know we have internal organs and intestines etc..but it isn't until you see something like that you realise just how much, it also makes me wonder how some people can be so thin with all that lot in there :meh:

Last night we watched a documentary which involved a man with internal bleeding, the surgeons cut him open and rumaged around. I know we have internal organs and intestines etc..but it isn't until you see something like that you realise just how much, it also makes me wonder how some people can be so thin with all that lot in there :meh:
*reads description :eek::eek::eek: faints*

Back
Top Bottom