Water Dispenser

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:24 AM
Not everybody will have one of these kitchen gadgets, but with the quality of tap water in my area, I had to spring for one. The dispenser I bought does hot, room and cold temperature water and is a bottom loader. I have chosen to use distilled water because I need it for my CPAP machine and ... it'll help keep from coffee maker from crusting up. I will had trace minerals to the water I drink to give it flavor and mineral content.

Not everybody will have one of these kitchen gadgets, but with the quality of tap water in my area, I had to spring for one.
My brother has one, also due to the poor quality of water in his area. It’s handy, especially the hot water tap.

We have one in the office, it had three settings - cold, hot, and boil (meant for instant soups and the like).

Cold and hot were always available, but for the boil, you had to press it and wait about 90 seconds for it to reach temp. A little light would flash while it was coming up to temp, and then change to steady when it was ready.

I can’t tell you the number of times I’d be standing there, in front of the water dispenser, red light flashing, mug with a tea bag in my hand, and one of my coworkers would stroll in nonchalantly, say “Good morning, Tasty,” grab a paper cup, then reach into the six inches between me and the dispenser, press the cold water button to fill their cup, effectively canceling my boil cycle! :mad:

I got an ice maker instead. I use distilled water in it. :whistling:

We are blessed with sweet, delicious tasting water from a very deep well. Our neighbors also have a well, but theirs smells like rotten eggs. We got lucky.

I take for granted our filtered water that makes ice and drinking water. C/o our fridge freezer.

Russ
Yeah, most high-end fridges come with either the water & / or ice dispensers on the door. With an ice machine though, you can make all the ice-cold water that you'd ever want or need!!! :whistling:

I like to drink, casually, of coarse. So having the ice maker (pictured above) gives me plenty of ice without ever having to fill messy trays for the freezer!! :whistling:

And if by some chance that the ice maker isn't on, THESE should suffice while the first few batches of ice are being made!! Hah!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom