Ways to use tahini?

Master Cutler

Über Member
Local time
9:05 AM
I have a kitchen surplus to address, and call on the CB collective for their thoughts. Every time my daughter's visit home they bring another jar of tahini. I now have five jars, three of which have been opened and the oil has settled to the top. I was having a clear out last night and am planning to make a dish today to incorporate my surplus tahini. Can anyone offer advice or potential recipe/dishes to use up some of the opened jar contents. I have an abundance of onions and garlic but was not keen on using my dried ingredients or canned chickpeas for hummus, but if this is the only way then so be it. I hate waste so was hoping to make something I can freeze. I love the sound of T R's peanut soup, but can I replace the peanuts with tahini?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tahini caramel sauce to go over ice cream. One of my favorite ways to eat it.

Sugar in a pan until it starts to brown and get, well, caramely. In with some heavy cream, cook it down a bit, take off heat and add a couple good teaspoons of tahini and a knob of butter (optional). Finish with some salt (sea salt if you have it).

I have a kitchen surplus to address, and call on the CB collective for their thoughts. Every time my daughter's visit home they bring another jar of tahini. I now have five jars, three of which have been opened and the oil has settled to the top. I was having a clear out last night and am planning to make a dish today to incorporate my surplus tahini. Can anyone offer advice or potential recipe/dishes to use up some of the opened jar contents. I have an abundance of onions and garlic but was not keen on using my dried ingredients or canned chickpeas for hummus, but if this is the only way then so be it. I hate waste so was hoping to make something I can freeze. I love the sound of T R's peanut soup, but can I replace the peanuts with tahini?
Who keeps opening up the fresh jars, LOL? It sounds like your daughters are dropping a big hint, dad. Have some fresh hummus ready for them everytime they come visit...I remember someone chose tahini for a recipe challenge ingredient:

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Tahini

TastyReuben had one I particularly liked:
Recipe - Peach-Plum Sesame Crumble

And murphyscreek I think won with this:
Recipe & Video - Vietnamese Tahini Grilled Pork

Oh my, I have to try that. I have a tub of tahini in my pantry...

Last edited:
It seems that the jars mysteriously open themselves, that is according to my eldest granddaughter (as seen on my avatar). I have been commissioned to produce a special vegan soup to use up the surplus, so hope to do some this week to take over to North Wales this weekend.
Who keeps opening up the fresh jars, LOL? It sounds like your daughters are dropping a big hint, dad. Have some fresh hummus ready for them everytime they come visit...I remember someone chose tahini for a recipe challenge ingredient:

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Tahini

TastyReuben had one I particularly liked:
Recipe - Peach-Plum Sesame Crumble

And murphyscreek I think won with this:
Recipe & Video - Vietnamese Tahini Grilled Pork

Oh my, I have to try that. I have a tub of tahini in my pantry...

It seems that the jars mysteriously open themselves, that is according to my eldest granddaughter (as seen on my avatar). I have been commissioned to produce a special vegan soup to use up the surplus, so hope to do some this week to take over to North Wales this weekend.
I told you about those faeries and elves, you have to quit talking to them when you've been drinking gin! Mischievous imps, LOL!

Edited to add: Oh, and she is an absolute doll!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom