We have costco here now

Well in auckland anyway. And I just read Wahlberg is coming as well.
$60 to join Costco. I wont be joining.

Russ
Sam’s probably won’t be far behind. I’ve been a member of both, and I prefer Sam’s. I started at Sam’s, left to go to Costco, and after just a few months, went back to Sam’s.

Sam’s probably won’t be far behind. I’ve been a member of both, and I prefer Sam’s. I started at Sam’s, left to go to Costco, and after just a few months, went back to Sam’s.

Hmmm, I left Sam's for COSTCO, and never went back. The Employees at COSTCO were paid better, had benefits, and therefore, weren't in a pissy mood all the time.

CD

Hmmm, I left Sam's for COSTCO, and never went back. The Employees at COSTCO were paid better, had benefits, and therefore, weren't in a pissy mood all the time.

CD
The biggest thing for me was the gas. Costco didn’t have pay at the pump. I hadn’t had to walk to a window to pay for gas since about 1997, and I sure wasn’t about to start up doing that again in 2015 (or whenever it was). The gas was actually the tipping point.

That, and I had to drive past two Sam’s to get to Costco, and Sam’s gives me a vet’s discount, which Costco didn’t do at the time. They may now.

Sam's do gas as well dont they?

Russ

COSTCO sells gasoline/petrol here. Pay at the Pump.

The gas pumps at Sam's were a free-for-all. Some moron backed into my car once trying to squeeze his big truck into a small space. COSTCO has at least one employee on duty to make sure everyone follows the arrows and goes in the same direction -- and wait's their turn.

CD

COSTCO sells gasoline/petrol here. Pay at the Pump.

The gas pumps at Sam's were a free-for-all. Some moron backed into my car once trying to squeeze his big truck into a small space. COSTCO has at least one employee on duty to make sure everyone follows the arrows and goes in the same direction -- and wait's their turn.

CD
I need to look when next in Auckland.
We have taco bell here as well now. 30 mind from me but I will not go there. The place is always packed apparently???
Russ

I need to look when next in Auckland.
We have taco bell here as well now. 30 mind from me but I will not go there. The place is always packed apparently???
Russ

Go to COSTCO, get a visitor's pass, walk around and eat all the free samples. On weekends, when the crowds are bigger, there will be more free sample stations around the store.

Taco Bell is way overrated, IMO.

CD

Taco Bell is way overrated, IMO.
I think the best thing Taco Bell ever had going for it is that it’s got to be the cheapest fast food place out there.

When I was in the office, just a couple of years ago, I could eat at Taco Bell for…wait for it…$1.97, and it would fill me up.

caseydog I forgot about the guest pass!
Yes, rascal get a guest pass, no charge, look around, check out the prices, have some free samples (if they offer them) see if this would work for your household.
And if I could suggest, as caseydog suggested, a business membership works for you and your family, or I ask my Gal Pals if they need something, buy it, and they reimburse me for it.
Liquor, bakery and meats are priced well.
We've purchased electronics as well over the years ... been a member since the 1980's!

caseydog I forgot about the guest pass!
Yes, rascal get a guest pass, no charge, look around, check out the prices, have some free samples (if they offer them) see if this would work for your household.
And if I could suggest, as caseydog suggested, a business membership works for you and your family, or I ask my Gal Pals if they need something, buy it, and they reimburse me for it.
Liquor, bakery and meats are priced well.
We've purchased electronics as well over the years ... been a member since the 1980's!
Thank you. So it's like a family pass then?

Russ

Thank you. So it's like a family pass then?

Russ

Yes. They call it an Executive membership here. It covers all of my family, and employees, if I had them. Everyone has their own membership card.

My family divides up the membership price each year. I renew the membership, and they pay me their share. Actually, I usually just have my sister get me something I need on her Amazon Prime account to pay me her share of of the COSTCO membership. We do a lot of that kind of trading in my family.

CD

Back
Top Bottom