Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I often don't even know what activities I'll be engaged in, much less what meals I'm planning for as the week goes on.

Anyway (yes it's Tuesday):

Morning: Cheese omelet with leftover ground lamb, mushrooms that are wanting to be eaten, green onion.
Lunch: Monkfish that has told me "Use or lose" with shrimp & peas, and coconut milk and Thai seasonings (because why not?)
Dinner: Out at community center.

Weds: Breakfast: Buckwheat blueberry pancakes with buttermilk (blueberries from my back yard!)
Lunch: Eggplant dal.
Dinner: Elk steak and corn on the cob (from farmer's market).

Thurs: Leftovers from above dishes.

Friday: Breakfast: more leftovers.
I MAY be going to Vermont for the day. Or I MAY be going Saturday. Or... I might not go at all. See what I mean about planning??

Don't think I ever had elk. Is it 'gamey' tasting?
Remember that USA elk isn't the same as European elk. A European elk is an American moose, therefore the American elk is a different deer altogether...
Mind you you've just reminded me of meeting a European elk in Finland. Think of something the size of a horse but with antlers... boy are they big.

30F8FAF5-0566-4581-ACE8-C7F56E1DC10B.jpeg

What is Denver omelet?
There are variations (of course), but a Denver omelet is generally agreed to have a filling of diced ham, diced bell pepper, diced onion, and some sort of cheese, usually either jack cheese or cheddar cheese.

And, as American omelets go, they're folded (either once or twice), not rolled.

Meatball frittata
Silkie chicken, forbidden and jasmin rice
Paella
Braised lamb shanks over polenta
Pizzas - Margherita, meatball, Italian sausages and veges
Bourbon mustard chicken skewers with corn and potato hash
Mexican braised flank steak, rice and black beans

Last edited:
I was getting nervous over the Chicago dogs I have planned. I went to my usual source for sport peppers and Chicago relish and they stopped carrying it. I thought I was going to have to drive an hour to the big international market to find it.

Lo and behold, at my local gourmet grocer's, I found it. And that's isn't a trick of the light on that relish - it really is a completely unnatural bluish-green.

Chicago dogs are back on!
1F32D113-D8DF-4226-9455-2D50D87F115B.jpeg

I was getting nervous over the Chicago dogs I have planned. I went to my usual source for sport peppers and Chicago relish and they stopped carrying it. I thought I was going to have to drive an hour to the big international market to find it.

Lo and behold, at my local gourmet grocer's, I found it. And that's isn't a trick of the light on that relish - it really is a completely unnatural bluish-green.

Chicago dogs are back on!
View attachment 30661

That is a very strange green...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom