Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menu for this week:

At least two Pasta Carbonara meals.
A Cavalo Nero meal (for recipe challenge)
An okra recipe for the Cookery Book challenge
Then I start using up freezer contents as per New Year resolution.

Keeping it simple, but I've got an order for two tomorrow and I'm going for it.

Monday; Chicken satay bowl with rice, mango, avocado and beans
Tues: Penne tricolore with tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and basil as ordered by my customers
Wed: Step kids arrive so snacks and fries for dinner
Thu; Twice cooked potatoes with sour cream and avocado
Fri; Pizza with tuna, olives, and pesto

That's it for now, I usually plan my weekly meals on friday but this week was a bit different.

Last edited:
Wednesday:
breakfast: Tom Kha Gai soup (chicken, coconut, galangal) - home made.
lunch: grilled cheese, cream of broccoli soup, brown rice - at a local community center.
dinner: sous vide skirt steak with mushrooms and red cabbage.

Thursday:
breakfast: some leftover Tom Kha Gai soup.
lunch: at community center: baked potato bar, salad.
dinner: Leafy Greens with scallops, bell pepper - Thai curry dish.

Friday:
breakfast: home-grown eggy something.
lunch: unknown. Probably leftovers.
dinner: smoked ham from a local pork farmer. Probably with mustard, uncertain veggies.

Saturday: Since this the date of the actual lunar new year, I plan to finish up any Thai leftovers! Beyond that I have not planned.

This week is going to be a strange week for a while host of reasons not least of all that hubby will be in hospital for the entire week. So food is going to be difficult.

The weekly menu is to finish off the last of the Tabbouleh (Saturday), fresh pasta, homemade cashew cheese sauce with any green pea or bean for extras (Sunday). Monday onwards is me only so Monday will be from the freezer (a vegan ready meal), Tuesday I shall have some sweet and sour read cabbage and beetroot soup (made today to freeze), Wednesday onwards, I'm not certain about but beans on toast will feature, a last of the veg on the fridge omelette may feature at some point and potentially another ready meal from the freezer.

Hope your hubby does well SatNavSaysStraightOn !

We ended up not making several of our planned meals due to my foot issue, so we'll try again with those.

Maryland crab cakes and a salad

Cassoulet

German carbonara

Sous vide roast beef with potatoes, carrots and onions

Lasagna with ground beef and Italian sausage, using fresh pasta sheets and fresh moz

Chorizo and potato omelette with garlic/pimenton aioli

Rusty Pelican salad and orange bread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom