Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This menu almost looks as if you are going vegetarian.
It's half and half, I guess, at least for the mains. We usually try to work in some vegetarian stuff a few times a week, or at least some meals that aren't built around a big hunk of flesh.

Tonight Sweet Roasted Chicken Bap, tomorrow some leftovers from freezer as on late shift. Saturday Waitrose Cooks Jungle Curry and Sunday probably Shawarma Chicken with Pomegranate and Tahini.

We finally managed to make it through our weekly menu with no carryover. Starting tomorrow:

Asian pork belly buns

Bibimbap

Cajun burgers (bulk raw andouille and beef) with tater tot crowns

Cast iron pan pizza with Italian sausage, roasted red and green bells and onions - trying a new dough

Prosciutto and gruyere stuffed chicken with roasted new potatoes and spinach

Lasagna, leftover from this week, and maybe some garlic rolls

Grilled mushroom fajitas, with sauteed onions and garlic, with honey, chipotle, red bell sauce and refried black beans

We finally managed to make it through our weekly menu with no carryover. Starting tomorrow:

Asian pork belly buns

Bibimbap

Cajun burgers (bulk raw andouille and beef) with tater tot crowns

Cast iron pan pizza with Italian sausage, roasted red and green bells and onions - trying a new dough

Prosciutto and gruyere stuffed chicken with roasted new potatoes and spinach

Lasagna, leftover from this week, and maybe some garlic rolls

Grilled mushroom fajitas, with sauteed onions and garlic, with honey, chipotle, red bell sauce and refried black beans

I love the way this menu wings its way around world cuisines.

Menu is undecided (as always) but my plan is to do as close to zero shopping and live out of the freezer and what I have in the fridge. I know this is possible but I never stick to it. This time I will... yes... really, I will. :)

First I need an inventory of the freezer contents. My task for tomorrow morning.

Menu is undecided (as always) but my plan is to do as close to zero shopping and live out of the freezer and what I have in the fridge. I know this is possible but I never stick to it. This time I will... yes... really, I will. :)

First I need an inventory of the freezer contents. My task for tomorrow morning.

I've been trying also to use up stuff in the freezer. Daughter buys a lot of chicken so we're still eating fresh. I know I have a pork belly to cook midweek. And sausages from the freezer.

Russ

I got my bi-monthly lot of organic chicken stuffed in the freezer, so time for a weekly menu.

Sun: Drumsticks marinated in Indian spices and roasted, served with white rice and cauliflower-spinach curry.
Mon: Battered cod, roasted potatoes, carrots/corn/and peas
Tue: Spicy peanut noodles with pork and mango
Wed: Snack night, stepsons arrive
Tue; Vegetarian curry with paneer and peppers with whole grain rice
Fri; Lasagna with beef mince and bechamel sauce
Sat: Shoarma made with chicken breast stuffed in pita's served with salad and garlic sauce

I got my bi-monthly lot of organic chicken stuffed in the freezer, so time for a weekly menu.

Sun: Drumsticks marinated in Indian spices and roasted, served with white rice and cauliflower-spinach curry.
Mon: Battered cod, roasted potatoes, carrots/corn/and peas
Tue: Spicy peanut noodles with pork and mango
Wed: Snack night, stepsons arrive
Tue; Vegetarian curry with paneer and peppers with whole grain rice
Fri; Lasagna with beef mince and bechamel sauce
Sat: Shoarma made with chicken breast stuffed in pita's served with salad and garlic sauce

Looking forward to Tuesday, I'm looking at a paneer as well. Can you post it please?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom