Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We, once again, have carryover from last week.

Cast iron pizza

Pork belly buns with pickled veges

New:

Sunday gravy with pasta and garlic rolls

Vietnamese short ribs over coconut grits

Indonesian chicken with rice and pickled veges

Roast chicken with squash casserole and smashed potatoes

Ramen noodle bowl with shrimp, pork belly and various veges

Heavy in the Asian part of the world this week.

Just curious, for those who plan, how/when do you do you plan?

I usually sit down on a Saturday afternoon, grab a couple of cookbooks, have a peek in the freezer and the fridge, then go from there.

I try and do one beef, one pork, one chicken, one main course salad, one pasta, one dessert, and one breakfast. I generally don't count making bread. These are loose rules, though, as this week, I have two beefs and no pasta.

First, I go through and write down all the meal titles and the source (cookbook, online), then I build my shopping list from that, then I go through any paper coupons I have (more and more rare these digital days), and finally, through the store's app for any digital coupons.

I actually write my shopping list twice; the first time, as I go through each recipe, and the second time, to organize it and mark which ones I have coupons for.

All told, it takes me about an hour or so.

How about you?

Indonesian chicken

Bayoubaisse, which we had last night

Hot dogs and crowns

Dirty rice and collard greens

Bahn mi sammies

Meatloaf, green beans, and mashed potatoes

Tostados with chorizo and refried beans

We are still working on using things up in the freezers, so unless we get a craving for something like the roast whole chicken last week, the seafood for the bayoubaisse or the odd thing like chicken livers as part of the dirty rice, we aren't buying proteins.

The menu gets made on Friday or Saturday generally, and we make the shopping list as we add the meals. The dishes are either things one or the other of us has been wanting, or a new dish out of a food mag or a TV show.

We don't really use coupons, just shop the BOGO and other sales from the online ads, unless Craig happened to pick up a paper ad, buying staples and other household items when they are on BOGO. Produce gets bought as needed.

Luckily for me, we just have the bottom freezer in the fridge-freezer combo in the kitchen, and the top bin is full of ice.

I still have a hard time remembering to "shop the larder," though.

Carry overs from last week AGAIN!

Dirty rice and collard greens

Bahn mi sammies

NEW

Blackened snapper, collards and hushpuppies

Texican pork sammies with horseradish bacon potato salad

Roast lamb with squash casserole and EPCOT cheese bread

Beef stew with corn cakes (tonight)

Cajun chicken salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back