Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must build lots of vegetables into this menu - or you will end up looking like a pizza! :)
I can't remember her name, but there used to be a French chef who had a cooking show on here (it may have come out of Canada, as I was living on the border at the time).

Anyway, she was making a dish that happened to be vegetarian (some kind of baked cheese dish), but at the end, almost absentmindedly, she added bacon to it.

When she realized what she'd done, she laughed and said, "Oh well, I am French, so bacon is a vegetable!" :laugh:

Menu? Right now I am struggling with deciding what to cook from one meal to the next. Dinner tonight. A trip to freezer for ground beef patties. That with a veg and a salad will be dinner. Tomorrow? No idea.

We have 2 21 cubic foot upright freezers in the shop and the bottom freezer on the fridge. All are FULL! I have this on going "DISCUSSION" with George about eating what is in the freezer and not adding to it. A week does not go by without him coming home with something he found on sale. He actually sneaks meat into the freezer. :banghead:Makes me CRAZY!!! What REALLY makes me crazy is his refusal to get rid of Jurassic meat. I have to clean the freezers when he is not home. I know there is meat in the freezers that is 5 years old. I really have to clean the freezers soon - before it gets hot.

Honestly - you would think he was in fear of starving. This is a man who is obese after Bariatric Surgery. 45 lbs. over his goal weight.

Do I sound bitchy? Well I am. The freezers are a sore subject.

I need to get off of that subject.

The freezers are a sore subject.

I have a freezer problem too - though not caused by anyone but me. I made an inventory of what is there and intend to work my way through it. Maybe we need a 'use up what is in your freezer thread'?

Could you get George to help you make the inventory? Its a two person job to make the inventory and you both then realise the extent of stuff that needs using.

It's hard here, with daughter and her son here for a while, mr 7 has t ball and touch rugby training plus wife has meeting on Monday after work. It's Monday here so my plan, not that I have one, is leftover Japanese tonight. Tomorrow maybe beans and eggs on toast, wed maybe pork belly, then Thursday, satay chicken kebabs, ( for the challenge) Friday take oot, lol.
Things change around here very quickly.

Russ

Could you get George to help you make the inventory? Its a two person job to make the inventory and you both then realise the extent of stuff that needs using.

Been there, done that. My Sweet G is a food hoarder. We have had major DISCUSSIONS about getting rid of Jurassic frozen food. :banghead: :banghead:A SERIOUS issue. My Honey gets crazy at the thought of disposing of ancient food. He gets seriously stressed and has a borderline panic attack. I am being dead on serious. No humor or sarcasm involved. My morbidly obese man has a panic attack at the thought of disposing of obsolete food. There are packages of sausage and meat that are over 5 years old. The last time we cleaned the freezers together we had a major falling out over tossing food that was Jurassic. I understand that there are some serious security issues going on. For too many years I have been patient and supportive. I am now too old to put up with that kind of BS. I do not need or want clutter in my life. So - clean the freezers when G is out of town.

Menu? Right now I am struggling with deciding what to cook from one meal to the next. Dinner tonight. A trip to freezer for ground beef patties. That with a veg and a salad will be dinner. Tomorrow? No idea.

We have 2 21 cubic foot upright freezers in the shop and the bottom freezer on the fridge. All are FULL! I have this on going "DISCUSSION" with George about eating what is in the freezer and not adding to it. A week does not go by without him coming home with something he found on sale. He actually sneaks meat into the freezer. :banghead:Makes me CRAZY!!! What REALLY makes me crazy is his refusal to get rid of Jurassic meat. I have to clean the freezers when he is not home. I know there is meat in the freezers that is 5 years old. I really have to clean the freezers soon - before it gets hot.

Honestly - you would think he was in fear of starving. This is a man who is obese after Bariatric Surgery. 45 lbs. over his goal weight.

Do I sound bitchy? Well I am. The freezers are a sore subject.

I have the same probs, too many freezers and trying to,remember what's what and where. I try to put meat in one and veges in the other, but I also have 2 other fridge freezers. It's all too confusing.

Russ

Tuesday ; ayam kecap with potato/pea curry and sticky rice
Wednesday; Pizza with caramalised onion, tuna and olives
Thursday; Baked salmon, roasted potatoes, salad
Friday; Spaghetti bolognese
Saturday; Beef stew with belgian beer and fries
Sunday; Butter chicken curry with white rice
Monday; Mash with leeks and cheese baked in the oven, served with beer battered cod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom