Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only plan a few days ahead due to lock down. I need chilly beans and sour cream for nachos. That's tonight, wife will buy a chunk of roast beef, I'll do a roast beef n veges tomorrow. We have lots of veges, plus garden stuff. We have silver beet(collards) tomatoes etc , lettuces in greenhouse.

Russ

Today; we're ordering pizza
Tomorrow: Fresh salmon, potato gratin & pickled cucumber in dill + beetroot
Monday : Chicken korma with white rice
Tuesday ; Mini macs ( home made) with fries
Wednesday : Leftovers
Thursday : Sushi with tuna and smoked salmon
Saturday; Enchiladas with minced beef

Change of plans for tonight. A friend who is a hobby crawfish farmer called this morning and said he had a sack of crawfish for us. G is on his way to pick them up.
Boiled crawfish tonight! :hungry:

A complete change in food buying methods due to the current situation. We used to buy fish/meat/veg fresh every day or so, but now with the social distancing advice we have stocked up for at leasts two weeks. Nothing to do with stockpiling, just trying to reduce the need to go to the shops quite so often.

A complete change in food buying methods due to the current situation. We used to buy fish/meat/veg fresh every day or so, but now with the social distancing advice we have stocked up for at leasts two weeks. Nothing to do with stockpiling, just trying to reduce the need to go to the shops quite so often.
That's what we're doing. I used to go every day or every other day as well.

A few rollover meals because we got takeout a couple of times and had leftovers and impromptu meals 2-3 times, but we made it about 2 weeks.

Tonight, Thai clear soup with pork meatballs, reconstituted sh!takis, and cellophane noodles

Duck breasts with spicy cherry compote and rice pilaf

Variation of eggs bene with Parm R sauce over grit cakes with homemade gammon, and a salad

Picadillo with maduros, black beans and rice

Mushrooms, chicken and mushrooms with mashies and green beans

Cuban pork pot roast

Couscous salad with leftover pork roast, black beans, red onions, corn and red bell with a red wine vinaigrette, with an avocado/red onion salad

Chicken and yellow rice with black beans, maybe maduros

Spinach/garlic pasta with marsala onion/garlic sauce

Steak fajitas with fixins and Mexican potato salad

Spinach and egg drop soup with a prosciutto paninni

Manicotti and salad

Meatloaf, mashes, green beans and carrots

Poached eggs in chili broth with tortillas

Last edited:
A few rollover meals because we got takeout a couple of times and had leftovers and impromptu meals 2-3 times, but we made it about 2 weeks.

Tonight, Thai clear soup with pork meatballs, reconstituted sh!takis, and cellophane noodles

Variation of eggs bene with Parm R sauce over grit cakes with homemade gammon, and a salad

Picadillo with macros, black beans and rice

Cuban pork pot roast

Couscous salad with leftover pork roast, black beans, red onions, corn and red bell with a red wine vinaigrette, with an avocado/red onion salad

Chicken and yellow rice with black beans, maybe macros

Manicotti and salad

Meatloaf, machines, green beans and carrots

You run s restaurant? Lol. That's a lot of food.

Russ

Don't want to have to go to the grocery again anytime soon. And we only make enough for dinner and/or enough for lunch the next day.

We don't really do lunch here, just pick at stuff, or leftovers. We have our daughter here for another month or so, we seem to alternate picking from 3 freezers. We don't think more that two days ahead. You are more organised than me. We have a whole lamb arriving after lockdown ends.

Rus

I've got three meals planned, but I'm going to have to work some simple things in between, pasta or something like that.

I'm making Guinness beef stew and mashed potatoes tomorrow. That'll last a couple of days.

I also have some Johsonville "Irish O'Garlic" sausages, so bangers and mash are coming up soon, with a stout gravy.

MrsTasty has also requested a homemade Big Mac. I'll work in a cheese pizza or some pasta or something along the way.

I've got three meals planned, but I'm going to have to work some simple things in between, pasta or something like that.

I'm making Guinness beef stew and mashed potatoes tomorrow. That'll last a couple of days.

I also have some Johsonville "Irish O'Garlic" sausages, so bangers and mash are coming up soon, with a stout gravy.

MrsTasty has also requested a homemade Big Mac. I'll work in a cheese pizza or some pasta or something along the way.

Sausage and mash, hmmm. I'm hungry now. :)

Russ

Picadillo with macros, black beans and rice

Cuban pork pot roast

Chicken and yellow rice with black beans, maybe macros

Manicotti and salad

Meatloaf, machines, green beans and carrots

OMG sounds like you and Craig are running a white linen restaurant in your house.
You rock

Might have to go out for a shopping trip today. I still don't think we've got the hang of shopping for a full week of three meals a day, we often seem to be missing something. Also, we've managed to avoid going to a major supermarket for nearly three weeks now, using only a local farm shop and village stores. This has resulted in slightly skewed menus, as we don't have things like fresh coriander or ginger. Home delivery slots from the main supermarkets are booked weeks ahead, and my wife takes the view (and I agree) that we should leave those for the people who aren't physically able to go out. The thing I am missing most is fresh fish. The fishmonger we normally use was doing free deliveries, but inexplicably closed down a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom