Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I am missing most is fresh fish. The fishmonger we normally use was doing free deliveries, but inexplicably closed down a couple of weeks ago.

There are on-line fish companies delivering though you may have to wait a week or so to get a delivery - this is a good company that I've used in the past: The Cornish Fishmonger

Planning on baked bean-topped baked potatoes tonight. For the next several days:

Baked Huevos Rancheros and Hashbrown Casserole
Tuna Salad Sandwiches and New Potato Salad
Butter Bean Canapés
Fried Chickpea Salad
Brown Butter Ravioli & Salad

I've got some planned meals coming up for long days here. I made Thai red curry paste yesterday so chicken this tonight. Something new= first time ice cream making. I made up the mix last night and froze the bowl in the freezer. This machine has never been used so I was surprised it didn't work when I set it off a few hours ago. Luckily I had two machines given to me over the years so, part two, bowl is in freezer. I will try again tomorrow. It's strawberry ice cream, from fruit from out garden. Next will be mango sorbet then I'm trying two Turkish dishes. Then pasta ravioli?

Russ

This interested me? I'm wondering what they can be. I love butter beans.
It's a really simple recipe from Jacques Pepin. When I make it, I'll post the recipe and a pic. A little onion, a little garlic, a little oil, a little mustard, and a can of butter beans. That's pretty much it. :)

Some upcoming meals:

Fried Chickpea Salad
Tuna Salad Sandwiches & Potato Salad
Skillet Chicken Paprika
Pizza Rosa & Salad
Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
Cinnamon Rolls

Some upcoming planned dishes:

Hot wings
Entree salad
Chili & corn (Chili corn carne?)
Pizza rosa
Barbecue beef & slaw
Sweet cheese ravioli

I'm having a terrible time, since all this crap started, sticking to a menu plan. My preference is to plan a menu, then buy the stuff for that menu, and now it feels like I'm in reverse; go see what they have available, then buy everything I could possibly need, then plan a menu around that.

The problem is, I'll see something chuck roast available, buy that, thinking, "Oh, I can make such-and-such with that," buy everything I think I need for such-and-such, then come the day, I'm missing a couple of things.

Anyway, enough griping, here's what I'm planning:

Pizza & Salad
Wild Rice Soup & Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Smoky Chicken Wings & Plain Rice
Pork Fried Rice
Some Kind Of Pasta & Salad 🤷🏻‍♂️

That pizza...that's been on my menu since the cheese competition. 😒

Ciao,
Today is Guinness casserole,
Tomorrow is Cavallo Ragu with Tagliatelle,
Wednesday is wild Salmon with Asparagus potato and Béchamel.
Thursday will be Lasagne Carnivale.
Friday is stuffed leg Lamb, red wine reduction, Polenta.
Sarana x

I'm having a terrible time, since all this crap started, sticking to a menu plan. My preference is to plan a menu, then buy the stuff for that menu, and now it feels like I'm in reverse; go see what they have available, then buy everything I could possibly need, then plan a menu around that.

The problem is, I'll see something chuck roast available, buy that, thinking, "Oh, I can make such-and-such with that," buy everything I think I need for such-and-such, then come the day, I'm missing a couple of things.

Its good for your creative cooking development, you know it is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom