Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a terrible time, since all this crap started, sticking to a menu plan. My preference is to plan a menu, then buy the stuff for that menu, and now it feels like I'm in reverse; go see what they have available, then buy everything I could possibly need, then plan a menu around that.

Hey, same! I just realised that since the start of quarantine I have not made a weekly menu. I've really taken things on a day to day basis, and haven't been as organised as usual. Only now I am slightly getting back to form. Cooking had taken a backseat in my life with all the other things going on.

Next week I am going to try starting a weekly routine again.

Oh I never know what I want to eat that far in advance. Even when I was working all the time the most I would plan ahead is a day or two.

Its good for your creative cooking development, you know it is. :D
The thing is, I have zero interest in going down that road. With work stress and home stress, I like knowing that I have a recipe sorted, which allows me to plan around it. Right now, cooking is becoming another bit of home stress. :headshake:

The thing is, I have zero interest in going down that road. With work stress and home stress, I like knowing that I have a recipe sorted, which allows me to plan around it. Right now, cooking is becoming another bit of home stress. :headshake:

Fair enough. I'm the total opposite, If I knew what I had to cook in advance I'd get bored and would probably definitely deviate!

Hello every one just share some ideas to save time in the kitchen.

I do this every time have a delivery of food plan for the week. Prepare for the week and make sure my freezer is filled with instant meals can either flash 30 to 40 minutes in the oven or use the Microwave, Five to ten minutes.

Also diced chopped veggies in zip bags ready for recipes.

Does help during the week, those of us are with health issues. Means can just defrost over night, ready to use evening time.

If not well or sick or not good does happen most days this helps me.

I make Italian Ragu sauces and Meat ball Sauces, Pasta Sauces.

Saves me a lot of time since this situation we in a lot of money.

As sometimes have to book three weeks advance once shop arrives back on line next time have to other wise get nothing this helps.

Understand a lot of washing up now but tomorrows another day and besides means can relax.

One is happy helps me can look forward to simple meals no stress or hassle all done for me.

Any body else does this. Great to chat.

Whoo-hoo! I think I managed to make everything on my last plan. Here's the next one:

Bread Soup And Salad
Skillet Tamale Pie
Corn Soufflé And Mixed Greens
Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops And Salad
Chicken-And-Corn Pie And Salad
Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread

The menu is heavy on salads because I'm too lazy to come up with more appropriate sides (and salad is probably a healthier choice, anyway), and it's heavy on corn-centric entrees because of the corn challenge.

Hello thank you reply pleased to meet you.

Just joined so getting used to being on here. I am always using cheats tips and tricks to help me plan the week. Always available in the stores.
I have a small freezer no defrost so have to be smart saving a lot of space clip boxes good ones for Ragu with veggies , sauces in to zip bag.

I noticed this probably you have to in the States .Buy frozen veggies Peas a good one amount of space in a bag nor filled. Undo this cut it open and then in to zip bags or clip bags labelled makes more room. Do this with all produce and helps enormously. Frozen fruit extra special mix it all up and then have a breakfast topper instant one for Porridge or any yoghurt with Cinnamon honey.

I do the same with every item zip bags or wrapping meat in tin foil or freezer paper labelled from the stores. Helps and also one other do stock circulation like the stores do. Old stuff front new stuff back of cupboards fridge freezer. Then that means get used up.

Store cupboard and fridge freezer do stock takes. On paper filed it and then know what need to buy or use most stores have grocery lists favourites. On websites double check every time, use other websites other products. Often cheaper and worth looking at.

Never buy more than I need plan and care organising means have to be careful. Having a mental illness disability losing memory means have to think and be aware.

Slow Cooker helps a lot on a lot. One other mentioned lots of corn in your dishes and recipes.

I can not peel Potatoes or chop very well so I created Pasta Pots. Do a Ragu, Stew, Casserole, Curry what ever you like. Toward end of cooking. Add drained cooked Pasta to any of the above instead of Potatoes. Does help night time evening meal. whole wheat varieties and this aids restful sleep. I buy short shapes easier, not Fusilli or Penne bored use others. Or use Couscous or Bulgar wheat no cooking just stock water and cover served.

Hope that helps pleasure to talk to you. Thank you for reading please take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoo-hoo! I think I managed to make everything on my last plan. Here's the next one:

Bread Soup And Salad
Skillet Tamale Pie
Corn Soufflé And Mixed Greens
Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops And Salad
Chicken-And-Corn Pie And Salad
Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread

The menu is heavy on salads because I'm too lazy to come up with more appropriate sides (and salad is probably a healthier choice, anyway), and it's heavy on corn-centric entrees because of the corn challenge.

You did it! looks good too. I have no plan yet, hope to have one next week.

Upcoming meals:

Beef pot pie
Afternoon tea*
Macaroni & chickpeas**
Caprese burgers & tomato salad**
Chicken sandwiches & green beans
Onion tart & salad
Footlong hot dogs & macaroni salad
Fruit crepes

*Ham and cheese, cucumber, and egg mayo sandwiches, buttermilk scones with jam and creme fraiche, white chocolate pie, and assorted chocolates

**Basil challenge entries

I still have a couple leftover from the last menu plan, but here's the next one:

Cube steak & onion gravy, mashed potatoes
Pork fried rice
BBQ chicken & polenta
Spaghetti & meat sauce
Salad

Nothing fancy, but all the meat is coming from the freezer, and I need to use it up.

Fair enough. I'm the total opposite, If I knew what I had to cook in advance I'd get bored and would probably definitely deviate!

Me, too. I did plan out the lunches I took to work for the week by and large, because I often made them on Sundays. Not to the specific day, and I modified sides at whim.

I know I am making grouper for lunch today. (That's a type of fish). I'll pan fry it with some beet greens that want to be eaten NOW. Tomorrow I am making a tapioca-based gluten-free bread to bring to a dinner party (socially distancing on the back porch) where the theme for our creations is "substitutions". Unfortunately I won't be able to "dry-run" it, so I hope it turns out decent!

Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure. I suspect I will take the leftover pork loin roast I made two or three days ago, add it back to the tomato-based liquid it was cooked in, toss in some other greens or veggies, and make a soup for dinner. Tomorrow's breakfast will be something simple like plain yogurt to which I will add mango or strawberries.

I know I am making grouper for lunch today. (That's a type of fish). I'll pan fry it with some beet greens that want to be eaten NOW.

Having grown up on the Gulf of Mexico, I love love love grouper! It's one of my favorite types of fish. I could eat it almost every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom