Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawfish etouffe balls with remoulade and chipotle ranch sauces

Rusty Pelican salad

Grilled veges and moz pearls pasta salad

Basil gnocchi with a barely cooked heirloom tomato, basil sauce

Beef sliders with fries

Either hogfish fillet or shrimp stuffed with crab, rice pilaf and carrot/zucchini

Bento boxes with 6 different dishes

Crispy pork and ginger with cucumbers

Crawfish etouffe balls with remoulade and chipotle ranch sauces

Rusty Pelican salad

Grilled veges and moz pearls pasta salad

Basil gnocchi with a barely cooked heirloom tomato, basil sauce

Beef sliders with fries

Either hogfish fillet or shrimp stuffed with crab, rice pilaf and carrot/zucchini

Bento boxes with 6 different dishes

Crispy pork and ginger with cucumbers

Your menus always entice me...

I actually planned a meal in advance. I know that tomorrow we are going to have bagels for breakfast, and that's because we had salmon for dinner last night and I have some leftover I need to use, so salmon bagels it is. I will be making those shortcut bagels again this afternoon.

I have really come to like those bagels. They are so much better than grocery store bagels and a lot less expensive to make them. If it was a labor intensive recipe I might not like them quite as much, but since it takes about an hour from the time I put the ingredients in the bowl to the time the air fryer dings, they are very enjoyable indeed.

But I haven't a clue what I will rustle up for dinner tonight. I won't know for a couple more hours what I want.

I have decided to quit asking hubby what he wants for dinner. I will just make it and if he says, "Oh, I don't want that," he can eat leftover pizza. But that might be what we are having for dinner anyway.

Today we're going out for dinner. We're going to a Chinese wok style restaurant. Been a while, looking forward to it.

The other ideas for this week are:
Colcannon with spicy Indonesian beef sauce
Seared salmon with lemon butter sauce, roast potatoes and veggies.
Roast pork tenderloin with mushroom stroganoff
Pizza margharita with buffalo mozzarella
Chicken satay with sajur lodeh and rice

Can you explain the tandoori drums please?

Russ
Sure. First, I'll toast paprika, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Then I'll add ginger, garlic, Greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, oil and salt and blend into a paste using my stick blender.

Then I'll slash the skin of the chicken legs in a few places, rub the paste all over, and let it sit all day in the fridge. Those will get roasted in a very hot oven, and then under the broiler/grill for a few minutes at the end to get the skin extra crispy.

Mango chutney (jarred) and cucumber-mint salad on the side.

Sure. First, I'll toast paprika, garam masala, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Then I'll add ginger, garlic, Greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, oil and salt and blend into a paste using my stick blender.

Then I'll slash the skin of the chicken legs in a few places, rub the paste all over, and let it sit all day in the fridge. Those will get roasted in a very hot oven, and then under the broiler/grill for a few minutes at the end to get the skin extra crispy.

Mango chutney (jarred) and cucumber-mint salad on the side.

Perfect.

Russ

Spaghetti and meatballs & salad - makes a lot, so meatball subs on the next plan. 😋

Caraway pot roast, glazed carrots & creamed potatoes

Apple-Mixed Greens salad

Bacon leek pizza

Chicken saltimbocca & creamy polenta & Salad

Peaches & plums w/ sesame crumble - for the tahini challenge

Spaghetti and meatballs & salad - makes a lot, so meatball subs on the next plan. 😋

Caraway pot roast, glazed carrots & creamed potatoes

Apple-Mixed Greens salad

Bacon leek pizza

Chicken saltimbocca & creamy polenta & Salad

Peaches & plums w/ sesame crumble - for the tahini challenge

Is that like Schweinebraten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom