Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I want to make this week:

Vietnamese tapioca dumplings with pork, shrimp, veggies. I have some surviving Thai salad greens in my garden.
Work on the sourdough starter someone gave me.
Corn on the cob.
Something with a really nice cauliflower I pulled out of my garden before the frost hit.
Salad with heirloom tomatoes (the last I will see this year) and cucumber, seasoned with some cured quail egg, and other undecided things.
Chicken wings, spicy. (Planned for tonight, along with an ear of corn.)
Goat shanks, slow simmered, probably with fennel and potato.
Something with the last of the beef liver slices from the package I opened up earlier - pan fried, with onion or more shallot, and who knows what? That will be brunch tomorrow.
Something with the callaloo (a Jamaican variant of amaranth) that survived the frosts.

For the first time because of the next 6 days lousy weather we have planned ahead for six days. We have the main ingredients in the freezer. Tomorrow morning there is a 2 hour window between the lightening storms so we will get the bits and pieces from the mall.
1 Tonight. Grilled Swordfish. Shrimp Buzaru baked potato and peas.
2 Slow cooker turkey thigh stew with polenta
3 Piri Piri Chicken on the BBQ
4 Tandori Chicken
5 Thai soup with cod, prawns and noodles
6 Spring rolls, pot stickers and deep fried whitebait with sweet thai chili sauce. Thing may change due to weather or what I spy in this fish shop in the Mall. I don't want to drive the 10 kms to Split fish market. Centaurus – Sve iz mora!

Maybe a change of plan, My wife enter the shop, she never told me about this. " A novelty are the first burgers made of Adriatic shrimp and shrimp, which have achieved notable success on the market. On the wings of this success, the idea for a burger made of Adriatic fish was created, more precisely four types of white fish from the skin and two types of blue fish. " The translation is a bit hooky.

Almond Crescent Rolls (left over from the almond challenge)
Philly Cheesesteaks
Brats in kraut with potatoes
Pasta with spiced soffrito and breadcrumbs (MypinchofItaly's recipe!)
Four Onion Dip
Tuscan Bread Soup
Mustard Pork Chops W/ Crispy Cabbage
Craggy Chocolate cake

Almond Crescent Rolls
Chicken Parm & broccoli
Shepherd's Pie (or Cottage Pie, if you prefer) & cheese w/ crackers & pickles
French onion soup & salad
Entree Salad

Can we start a thread on how to plan a weekly menu? I've tried in the past (when the kids lived with me) but haven't had much success. I hate going shopping every day so having all items on hand for a week sounds wonderful.

Can we start a thread on how to plan a weekly menu? I've tried in the past (when the kids lived with me) but haven't had much success. I hate going shopping every day so having all items on hand for a week sounds wonderful.
I don't think anyone would mind if you started one, or you could just have the discussion here in this one. Either way, just post a question or what's tripping you up, and we'll see if we can help.

Please do start a new thread. I spend half my time here moving off topic posts to create new threads because people don't post enough new threads! The more new threads the better, as it keeps things lively.

Some ideas for the coming week

Orichiette with tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella & pesto drizzle as I made in the basil challenge
Ayam kecap (chicken in kecap sauce) with mango salad and rice
Pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and veg (optional yorkshire puddings)
French onion soup & baguette with French cheese
Crayfish curry with nan bread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom