Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ideas for the coming week

Orichiette with tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella & pesto drizzle as I made in the basil challenge
Ayam kecap (chicken in kecap sauce) with mango salad and rice
Pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and veg (optional yorkshire puddings)
French onion soup & baguette with French cheese
Crayfish curry with nan bread

I'd come to your restaurant for 'plat du jour'!

Haven't posted here in a while because my days have been all over with activity, but I'm trying to get into the festive mood, so here goes:

Tomato-Chard Gratin (this will use up my Swiss chard, and maybe some spinach as well)
Slow-Cooker Spicy Cranberry Hot Wings
Salad (I may try and Christmas-up the dressing)
Spätzle & Brown Gravy
Christmas Wreath Pizza

Haven't posted here in a while because my days have been all over with activity, but I'm trying to get into the festive mood, so here goes:

Tomato-Chard Gratin (this will use up my Swiss chard, and maybe some spinach as well)
Slow-Cooker Spicy Cranberry Hot Wings
Salad (I may try and Christmas-up the dressing)
Spätzle & Brown Gravy
Christmas Wreath Pizza
Spicy cranberry hot wings sound good. Do you have a recipe posted anywhere?

Coming week will feature at least:
Spaghetti with meatballs & grilled aubergine/eggplant
Steak au poivre with french fries
Butter chicken curry with poppadoms & raita & rice
Bacon & onion flammkuchen with salad & edamame beans
Oriechette with pesto & mozzarella & cherry tomatoes

What I really like about your weekly menus is that you go round the world!

Today
Breakfast - 2 fried eggs, sunny side up, with scallion/green onion - and one quail egg.
Lunch - store-made sushi roll with salmon and tuna, covered with avocado. Do I ever MISS going out to sushi restaurants! A serving of store-made spanikopita.
Dinner - I have made a stewing hen into a sous vide dish/s. The legs went overnight. I will be having a leg and some breast for dinner, re-heated briefly in chunky diced tomatoes from a can. Plus, home made greens bean casserole with mushroom sauce and home-dehydrated onion atop. There will be leftovers from both parts of this dish.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Soft boiled eggs with a quick salad on the side
Lunch: FINALLY will make pasta carbonara - using the fettuccini and pancetta I bought today.
Dinner: Some leftovers from today.

Sunday:

Breakfast: ??? Possibly eggs and kielbasa in some form - the kielbasa was opened two or three days back.
Lunch: Tamales, three styles (vegan, shrimp, or turkey). I will make a bunch but freeze many for future eats. I belong to a cooking group face-to-face where we challenge ourselves once a month to step out of our boxes and either do or learn something new. This month's theme is food for the holidays. I decided to make tamales - which I have never eaten before, much less cooked. My own spin to the challenge is to use only foods found in some form or another in the New World - which is something I've been wanting to try since last October for our "Columbus Day" event, but hadn't. Oh, it turns out tamales are nowadays important in Mexico during the December Christmas holidays, so the dish fits into the theme.
Dinner: I think a nice simple open faced cheese sandwich on the new bread I want to try, with some veggies added in. Or, maybe I will switch this dish with Saturday's lunch.

Monday:

An artichoke with dressing of some sort.
Hangar steak.

Today
Breakfast - 2 fried eggs, sunny side up, with scallion/green onion - and one quail egg.
Lunch - store-made sushi roll with salmon and tuna, covered with avocado. Do I ever MISS going out to sushi restaurants! A serving of store-made spanikopita.
Dinner - I have made a stewing hen into a sous vide dish/s. The legs went overnight. I will be having a leg and some breast for dinner, re-heated briefly in chunky diced tomatoes from a can. Plus, home made greens bean casserole with mushroom sauce and home-dehydrated onion atop. There will be leftovers from both parts of this dish.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Soft boiled eggs with a quick salad on the side
Lunch: FINALLY will make pasta carbonara - using the fettuccini and pancetta I bought today.
Dinner: Some leftovers from today.

Sunday:

Breakfast: ??? Possibly eggs and kielbasa in some form - the kielbasa was opened two or three days back.
Lunch: Tamales, three styles (vegan, shrimp, or turkey). I will make a bunch but freeze many for future eats. I belong to a cooking group face-to-face where we challenge ourselves once a month to step out of our boxes and either do or learn something new. This month's theme is food for the holidays. I decided to make tamales - which I have never eaten before, much less cooked. My own spin to the challenge is to use only foods found in some form or another in the New World - which is something I've been wanting to try since last October for our "Columbus Day" event, but hadn't. Oh, it turns out tamales are nowadays important in Mexico during the December Christmas holidays, so the dish fits into the theme.
Dinner: I think a nice simple open faced cheese sandwich on the new bread I want to try, with some veggies added in. Or, maybe I will switch this dish with Saturday's lunch.

Monday:

An artichoke with dressing of some sort.
Hangar steak.

I'd happily move in with you to share the meals.

You are welcome to drop on by -- well, when travel is advisable again! (And I'd want to drop by your menus, too.)

(I do need to note that the monthly get-together with my friends that I am making tomorrow for lunch (tamales) has turned into Zoom gatherings starting this last September or October. Sorrowful, because we cannot actually taste each others' food any more in person. Plus that real in-person contact...)

Chili & Cornbread
Fondue
Mushroom & Kale Crepes (I'll have something else)
Breakfast Pizza
Ham Steak & Fried Potatoes
Salad
Brats & Red Cabbage

In no particular order:

Lamb with turnips and turmeric, couscous, harissa
Lamb curry, rice, spinach curry (saag bhaji)
Aubergine involtini with some sort of pistachio stuffing
Artichoke soup
Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom