Status
Not open for further replies.
Asparagus risotto
Special fried rice
Mom's sandwiches
Crispy chicken thighs with roasted potatoes and broccoli
Chicken and andouille gumbo
Stuffed spaghetti squash
Pork tenderloin with blackberry mustard sauce and squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese, blackberries and basil

We'll have our last meal from last week tonight, beef tataki, Asian lobster salad and vege tempura.

You are both eating well. :)

Russ

Tonight, since we went to the grocery and I didn't have time to prep anything for dinner, and I am working this afternoon, we are going to try a new, supposedly 15 minute recipe that's supposed to be good - Spicy Dragon noodles and I'm adding shrimp to it.

Rest of week:

Sauerbraten with red cabbage and Craig's grandmother's stuffed potato dumplings. I'll probably make spaetzle or something similar for me, might try my hand at some hand rolled potato dumplings I saw in my John Besh cookbook when looking for something else though.

White asparagus with poached egg sauce and prosciutto - this is a John Besh recipe I'm using. I got the first cut off a prosciutto dI parma. They gave me a piece to try, yummy.

Midnight cheery tomato and mozzarella pearls galettes with a raspberry galette for dessert.

Dried tomato, zuchini and pesto lasagne using a macadamia nut cream, this is a vegetarian, could be vegan dish.

Corned beef, cabbage, onion and carrots for St. Paddy's day. Maybe soda bread if I feel like making it.

Homemade roasted tomato and red bell soup, with fennel, plus ham and swiss cheese sammies.

Cuban grilled chicken, black beans, rice and maduros. We'll have leftover black beans so I will probably use those to make huevos rancheros for breakfast 1 day.

Last edited:
Mon: Turkish flatbread pizza's with tzatziki & cucumber
Tue: Spinach, egg & cheese casserole with potato cakes
Wed: Chilli tuna pasta
Thu: Chicken & tarragon bake with cayun potato wedges
Fri: Pizza with bell peppers, olives, chorizo , onion & mozzarella
Sat: Irish stew , crusty bread
Sun : Flexible, maybe leftovers

All of this except the friday pizza are Hairy Bikers recipes. Going to work with their books for a while.

Last edited:
I need to do this today, because we're having hot dogs tonight since I failed to do any menu planning. :laugh:

We were supposed to have Craig's sauerbraten, red cabbage and German dumplings today, but started watching the Snyder Justice League cut after we groceried and Craig just asked about getting pizza. So, sauerbraten tomorrow. Rest of week as follows.

Recipe - Chicken ginger noodle vege soup
Recipe - Orecchiette in a soubise sauce with bacon
Reuben Sammie with some form of potato
Cottage pie
Sous vide London broil with roasted fingering potatoes and carrots
Recipe - Pier 66 Mandarin Wings
Wienerschnitzel with red cabbage and Schupfnudeln

Same here week after week.
Sunday's family so big meal.
Monday something quick. Eggs on toast?
Tuesday risotto
Wednesday something quick
Thursday to Saturday play it by ear.

Russ

Honey-Ginger Pork Ribs w/ Rice & Asian Slaw
Chicken Nuggets w/ Macaroni-And-Cheese & Salad
Cheese Quiche & Salad
Pepper Steak & Roasted Vegetable Medley
White Port Dessert Jelly

Menu: Bear in mind I don't know WHEN each dish will be served. Or how they might be combined in some circumstances. Other than tonight's.

Tonight: Baked spicy chicken legs, with steamed Swiss chard.

Later on over the next few days:

• Leftover cold Korean braised tofu. Maybe with a lightly pickled cucumber banchan.

• Bison Tongue in Wine Sauce, with Mashed Potatoes.

• Lamb loin chop, with salad? Or, another lamb dish for Easter?

• Waffles, with butter and home grown maple syrup. Maybe also including locally-picked raspberries from last summer.

• A savory bread pudding (for the current contest)

• A sweet bread pudding (for the current contest). NO, not sweetbreads, not this time...)

• Bone marrow toast. Hmm, maybe for the current contest??? Shall see...I know it won't win, but... hey. Entries can be fun!

• Roasted root veggies with maple syrup and English muffin croutons (for the current contest).

Hot Brown's tonight since we ate breakfast out (FINALLY a meal I didn't have to.cook or clean up after!), as they are easy to put together.

Porchetta with fingerling potatoes and green beans.

Momofuku's pork belly buns.

Lasagne, this will be Craig's baby.

Nicoise salad with fresh tuna steak.

Chicken tacos woth Chipotle asado sauce.

A play on poutine.

Beef pot roast.

Rusty Pelican salad.

Hot Brown's tonight since we ate breakfast out (FINALLY a meal I didn't have to.cook or clean up after!), as they are easy to put together.

Porchetta with fingerling potatoes and green beans.

Momofuku's pork belly buns.

Lasagne, this will be Craig's baby.

Nicoise salad with fresh tuna steak.

Chicken tacos woth Chipotle asado sauce.

A play on poutine.

Beef pot roast.

Rusty Pelican salad.
Love the names of the dishes. Surely they taste great too.

My plans for beef stew and suet dumplings has been put on hold for the foreseeable future....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom