Weekly Menu (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-mustard pork tenderloin, with potatoes and fruit, which we had last night.

Tricolor rotini with Italian sausage, criminis, zucchini, tomatoes.

Pot stickers and maybe soup dumplings if I can find the frozen soup dumpling filling in the deep freeze.

A butternut squash dish for the challenge

Posole.

Cuban grilled chicken with green rice and black beans.

Chef's salad.

Is Chef's salad made from whatever the chef has left over? That's how it started out supposedly. Now, it usually includes chicken or turkey, ham, bacon, boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, maybe mushrooms, sometimes croutons.

I had to look up posole. We don't seem to have a recipe on the Forum (at least, I couldn't find one) so maybe you could post it up when you make it? It's actually in the freezer. Craig made a huge batch of it a while back so we froze in dinner portions. He'll have to post as I'm not sure what recipe he used as he tried a new one.

Last edited:
Scalloped potato and rib bake plus a green vege
Eggs Benedict with hatch chile waffle with chorizo and avocado.
Acorn squash and Italian sausage crostada.
Cuban pork butt pot roast with potatoes and carrots, plus Cuban bread
Chicken Swiss bake with a green vege
Chicken Vesuvio

In no particular order:

Parmesan and Panko-coated broiled scallops, and cranberry, walnut, feta, mixed greens salad with Dijon dressing on the side.

A Russian dish
Chebureki - Meat turnovers w dill sour cream using ground beef or lamb. Beet, goat cheese walnut, mixed greens salads.

http://girlandthekitchen.com/baked-chebureki-easy-russian-turnovers-with-meat/

Meatballs with chimichurri sauce and ricotta baked ziti.

Open-faced Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu with grilled asparagus

https://keviniscooking.com/open-faced-chicken-cordon-bleu/

Tomato and tortellini soup and side salads?

Since I already mentioned baked beans, pork, and cornbread yesterday in the baked beans thread, perhaps Jack Daniel's ribs, cornbread and ??? undecided.

Still planning the menu. Sometimes, when I'm fond of a dish, I make it again a week or two later.

Chicken cordon bleu, this time using my rainbow carrots as the side dish.

Another beet repeat.

I've mentioned and posted a link to roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan here before. Will make them up again.

If I have time, I should go check on the status of the panettone, for the French toast I mentioned before in a few threads.

Still a plan in the making :wink:

Last edited:
Chicken Vesuvio is one I like. I posted it in my menu in this thread. Too soon for me to make a repeat.

Last edited:
Per Wicki

Chicken Vesuvio, a specialty of Chicago, is an Italian-American dish made from chicken on the bone and wedges of potato sauteed with garlic, oregano, white wine, and olive oil, then baked until the chicken's skin becomes crisp.

There are quite a few variations. Green peas are usually a part of the dish.

Per Wicki

Chicken Vesuvio, a specialty of Chicago, is an Italian-American dish made from chicken on the bone and wedges of potato sauteed with garlic, oregano, white wine, and olive oil, then baked until the chicken's skin becomes crisp.

There are quite a few variations. Green peas are usually a part of the dish.

Sounds good!

A good starting point is the proud Italian cook, as I recall. Basically, it's chicken, potatoes, peas, and white wine. Added mushrooms are nice too. Comfort food.

Last edited:
Monday - leftover roast pork from Sunday
Tuesday - Eastern Mediterranean (Tomato & cucumber raita, cauliflower tabbouleh, roasted aubergine with anchovies and oregano, lamb & pistachio patties with sumac yoghurt sauce, butternut squash hummus, all Ottolenghi's recipes) Have 90% of the ingredients for these.
Wednesday - Something Mexican (to use up peppers and chilli's)
Thursday - Boiled ham with parsley sauce (we have a glut of parsley)
Friday - Out to lunch, so something light for supper - may try Sorrel soup (we have found lots of sorrel in the garden)

Haven't kept my weekly menu up, been a bit busy. I'll try to do better. :D
Will be Hot prawn vol au vent tonight and Ethiopian beef tomorrow. Sunday yet to be decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom