What are the top three reasons that you enjoy cooking?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:02 AM
Do you enjoy cooking because you enjoy eating the food? Or perhaps you are a 'feeder' and enjoy making food for other people. Maybe you regard cooking as a creative activity or enjoy the practical and technical aspects. Tell us the top three reasons that you enjoy cooking.

I cook because I can relax while doing it, then because I like to please family and friends. I have all my family every Sunday for dinner. They love my cooking.

Russ

I enjoy cooking.
I enjoy eating the results (most of the time).
Generally I cannot obtain a lot of the food that I prefer from local sources.

Making good food.
Exploring other cuisines and ingredients.
Controlling what goes into our food.

No it isn't!

(Is this a five minute argument or am I paying for the full session?)

:laugh: You enjoy cooking because you enjoy cooking. But why is it enjoyable? I am trying to work out why I enjoy it - is not as straightforward a question as I at first thought...

I've thought of another big reason I cook now more than ever, is that the area of the Midlands of England I now live in has lots of local dishes: Pies, Lobby, Oatcakes, Cheeses, etc. that are difficult with a gluten and dairy-free household. I really need to try making my own oatcakes (You can get gluten free ones reasonable locally but I want to make my own. The local oatcakes are like a savoury pancake rather than a hard biscuit like the Scottish version). I miss the cosmopolitan city that is London and all the flavours. It is easy to buy all sorts of Asian ingredients locally so I can still cook a lot of dishes I used to buy or cook. There is also an couple of African shops I need to explore. Even Morrisons (big supermarket) sells octopus, which apparently is generally sole to the Chinese population here.

Just need to find somewhere that sells decent olives! I miss the local Turkish deli in East London.

I enjoy cooking because I love to see the outcome of my creations and it's rewarding to taste the awesome food u make. It's a creative and fun way to relieve stress and watch the ones u love enjoy it as much as u do. Also it's important to spend quality time with family so why not cook!

No it isn't!

(Is this a five minute argument or am I paying for the full session?)

One of the most genius bits ever performed!

I like cooking because I like eating.

Period.

Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom