Status
Not open for further replies.

msmofet

🐰 🌹 Still trying to get it right.
Local time
12:29 PM
Peach cobbler

peach_cobbler_010123_1_img_0498-jpg.jpg

I just purchased a 6” springform pan. I’ll make a small cheesecake.

What have are you baking?

Used the recipe that came with my new food processor to make these (American) buttermilk biscuits:

FD0F958D-31C9-4512-A68B-CD871EEBEF87.jpeg

Their process is more akin to drop biscuits, not folded and cut biscuits, so they won’t be flaky, they’ll be more crumbly.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a biscuit recipe call for shaping the dough into a log and slicing biscuits off like cookies.

If I’m being honest, regardless of how these end up tasting (still waiting on the gravy), they’re more trouble than my usual recipe.

With apologies to The Guess Who (or Lenny Kravitz for you young’uns):

American biscuits
Can’t leave ‘em aloooo-one!
American biscuits
Don’t call it a scooo-one!

Baked in the oven, crumbled on the plate
Covered with gravy, they sure taste great
For a dee-luxe breakfast, throw in an egg
When that’s cookin’, you’re gonna beg for

American biscuits
Made with buttermiiii-ilk!
American biscuits
Like a doughy piiii-il!

(Ok, that last rhyme’s a little off, I’ll give you that)

Tommorow is Neighborhood Gal Pal Monthly Birthday Luncheon at a local restaurant and Cards after at Mrs. NDN's house.
I always like to make a dessert of some sort to share while playing cards/games (we play all sorts of games: Mexican Train, Stix, Dimes, Sevens, Boom Again, all fun!)
I made this today

IMG_2508.JPG

All of my pals love anything lemon flavored, citrus actually.
I made up 6 Jumbo Cupcakes (think Costco sized), they're like a mini cake for each diner and these are so simple, well yeah, it's from a box, but you'd never know it.

Tommorow is Neighborhood Gal Pal Monthly Birthday Luncheon at a local restaurant and Cards after at Mrs. NDN's house.
I always like to make a dessert of some sort to share while playing cards/games (we play all sorts of games: Mexican Train, Stix, Dimes, Sevens, Boom Again, all fun!)
I made this today

View attachment 95322

All of my pals love anything lemon flavored, citrus actually.
I made up 6 Jumbo Cupcakes (think Costco sized), they're like a mini cake for each diner and these are so simple, well yeah, it's from a box, but you'd never know it.
Of all the box mix stuff, Krusteaz is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom