What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not 20th April in the US, it is April 20th -- 4/20. :cool:

I'm not going to tell you why that matters. You like to do research -- and look at my posted photo carefully. :wink:

CD
Ok😎will do the Sherlock Holmes work😂
It was peculiar to see Snoop Dog in context of cooking, but hey, celebrities do all kinds of things...

It is not 20th April in the US, it is April 20th -- 4/20. :cool:

I'm not going to tell you why that matters. You like to do research -- and look at my posted photo carefully. :wink:

CD
Ooooh ok, found it. Had no idea🙈

4/20, the marijuana holiday, explained

Deco plant on your photo did not ring a bell, but now yes.. .silly me.🙈😂

So a trip to California is around the corner?😉

Ok😎will do the Sherlock Holmes work😂
It was peculiar to see Snoop Dog in context of cooking, but hey, celebrities do all kinds of things...

Snopp Dog actually has a cookbook. He has some serious cooking skills. Snoop and Martha Stewart are good friends.

Unknown-3.jpeg

CD

Baking learning experiment. Nutritious bread buns.

Barley flour(100 g), flax seed flour(70 g), chia seeds(40 g), buckwheat flour(130 g). Baking soda 1 teaspoon and baking powder teaspoon and a half. Plain cold water.

The larger 3 are such. The thinner 3 are with fresh lemon juice teaspoon.
I find the larger ones without the lemon are with a nicer texture.

Possibly I oversalted slightly.

The smell is very earthy, mainly due to flax assume.

Consistency of the larger is of a cake, rather than of traditional bread. It's actually good. It is an alternative bread, so one has to be openminded when eating😁

Of the thinner soft, but gets gooey after chewing, so had them bake longer, then it was good.

They are very filling. Had 1 thin, and 2/3 of a large one.

Topped with butter and cheese. Peanut butter. Pear and apple on side.
Fresh fruit goes so well with these, I find.

DW decided - at 10:30am.... she wanted fresh bread..... so I went with no-knead in a 5x9 pan (known, intentional 'experiment'...)

typically no-knead sits over night. no night available so I put it - covered - in the oven, turned the oven light on for one hour, turn off light, left it for six hours....

result: no-knead rises then collapses in a 12 hr cycle. at six hours the dough was essentially at max rise. the dough was very slack, it did degas a bit in the folding/shaping.
oven spring was, understandably, about 120% of usual....

DW decided - at 10:30am.... she wanted fresh bread..... so I went with no-knead in a 5x9 pan (known, intentional 'experiment'...)

typically no-knead sits over night. no night available so I put it - covered - in the oven, turned the oven light on for one hour, turn off light, left it for six hours....

result: no-knead rises then collapses in a 12 hr cycle. at six hours the dough was essentially at max rise. the dough was very slack, it did degas a bit in the folding/shaping.
oven spring was, understandably, about 120% of usual....
View attachment 63338

View attachment 63339
Looking amazing! Were you happy with the taste?

I finally made America's Test Kitchen's/Cook's Country's Cheddar Apple Pie, which has a full 8oz of cheese integrated into the crust:

The crust also contains a bit of cayenne and ground mustard, and the cheese is certainly noticeable.

I like it quite a bit, there's a certain richness when eating. I did overwork the dough a little (it's a food processor recipe), because my crap processor had a hard time handling a standard two-crust recipe, so I had to run it a little longer than necessary.

The dough also somewhat relaxed a bit in the oven and lost some of the definition around the edge. Never had that happen before. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This was intended for the cheddar challenge. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

I finally made America's Test Kitchen's/Cook's Country's Cheddar Apple Pie, which has a full 8oz of cheese integrated into the crust:
View attachment 65654

View attachment 65653

View attachment 65658

View attachment 65655

View attachment 65656

View attachment 65657

The crust also contains a bit of cayenne and ground mustard, and the cheese is certainly noticeable.

I like it quite a bit, there's a certain richness when eating. I did overwork the dough a little (it's a food processor recipe), because my crap processor had a hard time handling a standard two-crust recipe, so I had to run it a little longer than necessary.

The dough also somewhat relaxed a bit in the oven and lost some of the definition around the edge. Never had that happen before. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This was intended for the cheddar challenge. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

I just showed my wife your pie, she has demanded I do one for dessert tomorrow for family.
So just like that dessert is now changed.
Thanks brother.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom