What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you all might know, I baked a 7up Cake last night. It came out great!! :whistling:

You inspired me with your 7-up cake, GadgetGuy !

Thanks, JAS_OH1!! I'm touched! Just like the ones who I used to make it for. They've baked one & liked it! Seriously enough, I did this as a hobby. I used to bake breads & cakes & everyone loved them to death! Guess that I still have the magic touch that never went away!! Not trying to put anyone down here, but I got the feeling that no one has more fizzas & finess about the 7up cake than I do. Truth be told, I've read about recipes on the cake done a little bit differently, but I like it just the way that I've always done it! If you have butter, eggs, flour, sugar, lemon extract & 7up, & most people do have these things at home, there you go. Those are the six things that are used for the magic to happen!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Thanks, JAS_OH1!! I'm touched! Just like the ones who I used to make it for. They've baked one & liked it! Seriously enough, I did this as a hobby.I used to bake breads & cakes & everyone loved them to death! Guess that I still have the magic touch that never went away!! Not trying to put anyone down here, but I got the feeling that no one has more fizzas & finess about the 7up cake than I do. Truth be told, I've read about recipes on the cake done a little bit different, but I like it the way that I've always done it! If you have butter, eggs, flour, sugar, lemon extract & 7up, most people have these things at home, there you go. Those are the six things that are used for the magic to happen!! :whistling:
And BTW, I also have a Bundt pan for baking slightly smaller cakes. It' a godsend!! :whistling:

Thanks, JAS_OH1!! I'm touched! Just like the ones who I used to make it for. They've baked one & liked it! Seriously enough, I did this as a hobby.I used to bake breads & cakes & everyone loved them to death! Guess that I still have the magic touch that never went away!! Not trying to put anyone down here, but I got the feeling that no one has more fizzas & finess about the 7up cake than I do. Truth be told, I've read about recipes on the cake done a little bit different, but I like it the way that I've always done it! If you have butter, eggs, flour, sugar, lemon extract & 7up, most people have these things at home, there you go. Those are the six things that are used for the magic to happen!! :whistling:
Yes, I have all those things except the 7-up, but we don't have much of a sweet tooth here. That's one thing I like about that cinnamon cake is it's not overly sweet. I am not saying I think the 7-up cake is too sweet, I bet that the lemon-lime flavors balance it out quite nicely. But I pretty much only bake a cake about once a year and this is the first time I have baked one for just us, probably ever in our 22 years together. When my kids were young I would of course bake their birthday cakes or cakes/cupcakes for parties and gatherings.

I will definitely keep your 7-up cake in mind for the next gathering I go to, for sure! I think it might be nice with some sort of fruit and whipped cream with it, might be refreshing on a warm summer day, what do you think?

Last edited:
Yes, I have all those things except the 7-up, but we don't have much of a sweet tooth here. That's one thing I like about that cinnamon cake is it's not overly sweet. I am not saying I think the 7-up cake is too sweet, I bet that the lemon-lime flavors balance it out quite nicely. But I pretty much only bake a cake about once a year and this is the first time I have baked one for just us, probably ever in our 22 years together. When my kids were young I would of course bake their birthday cakes or cakes/cupcakes for parties and gatherings.

I will definitely keep your 7-up cake in mind for the next gathering I go to, for sure! I think it might be nice with some sort of fruit and whipped cream with it, might be refreshing on a warm summer day, what do you think?

Thanks!! Yes, I think that is perfect! One slight problem though. That it's often not that easy finding 7up! Most stores don't have it in my area. I ordered some of it from Amazon. And because I'm trying to watch my weight, & as if it's not sweet enough, I usually leave out adding the "insentives" like fruit or whipped cream. Just give me the plain cake & a glass of cold milk & I'm fine. Your fiends & fam will probably jump for joy at the thought of tasting the cake, if & when you do it!! :whistling:

Thanks!! Yes, I think that is perfect! One slight problem though. That it's often not that easy finding 7up! Most stores don't have it in my area. I ordered some of it from Amazon. And because I'm trying to watch my weight, & as if it's not sweet enough, I usually leave out adding the "insentives" like fruit or whipped cream. Just give me the plain cake & a glass of cold milk & I'm fine. Your fiends & fam will probably jump for joy at the thought of tasting the cake, if & when you do it!! :whistling:
Most stores around here have 7-up so I won't have any issues there.

I was thinking tart fruit like raspberries and I would probably keep those separate anyway and allow people to put their own whipped cream and fruit on themselves.

Makes me start wondering if it could be turned into an orange soda cake...LOL!

One slight problem though. That it's often not that easy finding 7up! Most stores don't have it in my area.

The corporate headquarters for Dr. Pepper 7UP is in Plano, Texas, just a few miles down the road from me. It is everywhere, here.

CD

I use this recipe

Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_5673.JPG

I use my Zeroll #40 (.71 oz) disher and bake for 12.5 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
They don't spread out as much, these are delicious cookies, and I don't care for Chocolate Chip, I make them for DH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom