What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those cookies look so good!! Can I have one? Hah!! :whistling:
GadgetGuy I only make a half recipe and that yields about 3 dozen cookies using that disher... the perfect size IMHO, about2 1/2 - 3 inches across.
If you want to risk my husband biting your fingers off, you're certainly welcome to some :laugh:
As he said today, he's been patiently waiting for his cookies, I'm not the biggest sweets fan, so I told him the majority of them are for him, I do want at least 2. :whistling:

IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_1661.JPG

I cheated a bit and used a store bought mix... my twist was to making this cake mix into Jumbo Cupcakes!
I made the glaze quite thick, almost a frosting/icing consistency.
4 of these beauties are going to Bingo Gals Night Out with the some of the Neighborhood Gal Pals
1 will stay here for DH to have for dessert with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
and the last one while go over to my Mother's Apartment tomorrow :giggle: She claims to not like sweets, but I guess that's different when it comes from my kitchen

Looks lovely!
Thank you.

It’s a cake, so I’m predisposed to thinking I’ve messed it up. It tastes great, but it’s a little heavy, but then again, it’s a pound cake, and they tend to be a bit heavy.

I used an off-brand ricotta that was very lumpy and thin, and it made the batter quite runny. That may have messed things up a bit.

For what I’m using it for, though, it’ll be fine.

IMG_1734.JPG

Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake ala Chef John (on You Tube & All Recipes dot com)
Very good!
Nice and moist, the crumb of the cake is spot on and the streusel is divine!
I got the cake batter divided pretty much in half this time, it just looks nicer than my last attempt.
I took this to Bingo last night and it sold out first over all the other desserts. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom