What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TastyReuben agreed. I seem to recall seeing it once at the local Krogers/Fry's but it's not on their website for some reason. We shall see. But the Meyer Lemon Curd I will make myself, haven't done so in a while, what with the price of eggs and butter lately!

Slightly off topic: how much are eggs and butter in the USA currently?
Generic supermarket eggs are about $2.50/dozen. The fancy-pants ones are anywhere from $6.50 to $9/dozen, though Kroger currently has one super-premium brand on sale right now for $3.50/dozen - they must be close to their best-by date.

Overall, prices seem to be up about a dollar across the board.

Generic supermarket eggs are about $2.50/dozen. The fancy-pants ones are anywhere from $6.50 to $9/dozen, though Kroger currently has one super-premium brand on sale right now for $3.50/dozen - they must be close to their best-by date.

Overall, prices seem to be up about a dollar across the board.

I just paid $6.24 for a 18-count package of organic eggs, and $4.97 for a four stick package of organic butter at Walmart.

CD

Last edited:
Generic supermarket eggs are about $2.50/dozen.

The supermarket I use only has free range eggs and cheapest are about the same price as your generic. Fancy pants eggs can be much more.

If I shop elsewhere I can get 15 non free range for £1.60 = $ 1.96

So it looks like 'on balance' eggs are cheaper in the UK.

The Walmart here in Cowboyville Arizona, 12 count store brand eggs are sold out, I can get 18 count for $5.66
And store brand unsalted butter is $3.98/lb.
Back in March, eggs were $3.19/18ct. & butter was $3.18/lb.... how do I know this? I had my Community Bake Sale that month and I always keep a diary of what I spent, what I made, what I charged and what I sold.
If the prices go up too much more I don't think that I would be able to participate in the Bake Sale again and make any sort of money ... may not worth my time and energy.

Yesterday was Mister Next Door Neighbors birthday and I finished putting his cake together in the nick of time.

IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG
IMG_1956.JPG
IMG_1958.JPG

Not to break my arm, but that was a really good cake!
Three layers with homemade fresh Seedless Raspberry filling and Chocolate Frosting.

The supermarket I use only has free range eggs and cheapest are about the same price as your generic. Fancy pants eggs can be much more.

If I shop elsewhere I can get 15 non free range for £1.60 = $ 1.96

So it looks like 'on balance' eggs are cheaper in the UK.
We got hit with the bird flu pretty heavily earlier this year. I guess the UK didn't get it? Poultry farmers are just starting to recover so prices should be going down soon. I have no idea why butter went up so much, though.
The Walmart here in Cowboyville Arizona, 12 count store brand eggs are sold out, I can get 18 count for $5.66
And store brand unsalted butter is $3.98/lb.
Back in March, eggs were $3.19/18ct. & butter was $3.18/lb.... how do I know this? I had my Community Bake Sale that month and I always keep a diary of what I spent, what I made, what I charged and what I sold.
If the prices go up too much more I don't think that I would be able to participate in the Bake Sale again and make any sort of money ... may not worth my time and energy.
I'm sure you know that the Federal Reserve hiked up our interest rates by .75% to try and get a handle on inflation, so hopefully prices will stabilize if not go down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom