What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something missing from that biscuit -- copius amount of butter.

CD
They did get a good dousing of melted butter. Also, each biscuit has a TB of butter as part of the recipe.

Since they were destined for gravy, I didn't butter the inside in that pic, I just wanted to show the guts. :)

Tasty ingredients please, I will try again. Yeast and I don't work, well, not in last 4 times I tried.

Russ

I know it's been several months since you posted, but wanted to share this recipe with you. I am terrified of yeast (after a mishap making root beer for the kids) but plan to use TastyReuben's recipe to make hamburger buns tomorrow. I'm anxious about it already.

I lived in N.C. for 7 years and couldn't find Chicago deep dish pizza so I learned how to make it. This dough recipe turns out well for me.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil

directions

Place 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.

Combine by gradually incorporating the flour into the olive oil and water, adding a little extra water if necessary. (Alternatively, combine the mixture in a food processor.)

Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, 5-7 minutes.

I know it's been several months since you posted, but wanted to share this recipe with you. I am terrified of yeast (after a mishap making root beer for the kids) but plan to use TastyReuben's recipe to make hamburger buns tomorrow. I'm anxious about it already.

I lived in N.C. for 7 years and couldn't find Chicago deep dish pizza so I learned how to make it. This dough recipe turns out well for me.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil

directions

Place 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.

Combine by gradually incorporating the flour into the olive oil and water, adding a little extra water if necessary. (Alternatively, combine the mixture in a food processor.)

Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, 5-7 minutes.

It's funny you raised this, I have tastys recipe right beside me as I type. I'm doing it soon. I will post when I do.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom