What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm next,lol

Russ
I mean this in the best possible way: I'm really looking forward to seeing your buns! 🍔

These are for afternoon tea tomorrow. That's when they'll get decorated:

I had to gin up some DIY cupcake liners for the last three. If I were selling these in a shop, I could charge $2 extra for those. They're "Individual-sized fair trade chocolate hand cakes, presented in custom-formed artisanal sleeves." :laugh:

I mean this in the best possible way: I'm really looking forward to seeing your buns! 🍔

These are for afternoon tea tomorrow. That's when they'll get decorated:

I had to gin up some DIY cupcake liners for the last three. If I were selling these in a shop, I could charge $2 extra for those. They're "Individual-sized fair trade chocolate hand cakes, presented in custom-formed artisanal sleeves." :laugh:

Tomorrow (Monday) here is a public holiday . (Labour day) I'll be doing them buns Tuesday.

Russ

First turn pic, and I just did the second.

2020-10-26 15.24.47.jpg

Last edited:
I made biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast/brunch this morning. I had planned to make this previously, but was really dreading making the biscuits simply because I don't like making them for some reason, not even drop biscuits. Luckily for me, we watched an ATK episode the other day when they made the "easiest biscuits ever." And they are. No butter to cut into the flour in the biscuit recipe itself, though you can, of course, brush them with butter and butter them to eat. The trick is to use heavy cream and HEAT it to just above body temp so it thins out and releases the butterfat in the cream before you mix with the dry ingredients. You end up with a biscuit that almost looks like a patted out and cut biscuit, and is very tender and soft. You couldn't make a breakfast sandwich with this biscuit because it would fall apart, but it makes for great eating with sausage gravy or butter/jelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom