What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made two 6 inch layer cakes, 1 sour cream/vanilla. The other a dark chocolate/buttermilk layer. They are going to be split horizontally and frosted and filled with a cannoli filling frosting. It will either get shaved chocolate or a ganache poured over it after the final frosting.

I don't really like baking. My daughters the baker in the family. A family friend who turns 90 in two weeks makes the best ever sponge cake. Fluffiness lightest I've ever had by a street.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
I just made two 6 inch layer cakes, 1 sour cream/vanilla. The other a dark chocolate/buttermilk layer. They are going to be split horizontally and frosted and filled with a cannoli filling frosting. It will either get shaved chocolate or a ganache poured over it after the final frosting.
I can't wait to see that! :hungry:

These are from a box mix that I further doctored by adding chocolate chips and dried cherries to the batter. Frosting is just a standard cream cheese frosting. I cut up some candies to make a little stained glass effect on a couple:

Pear-Apple Crisp/Crumble (henceforth to be known as crimble, not to be confused with Crimbo, though you could have crimble for Crimbo, though yes, some people do say Crimble/Krimble for Crimbo, so I suppose you could have crimble for Crimble, but...wait, where was I?):

I had to laugh, as while I was making this, I upped the sugar by half again, just to be on the safe side.

Then, once I got it in the oven, I read the reviews, and one after another said, "This is way too sweet, cut the sugar in half!"

I tried a bite once it cooked, and it tasted fine to me with the extra sugar. Those other people are crazy! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom