What are you baking today (2020-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:08 AM
I looked and couldn't find a thread like this. Please move if there is one.

The mascarpone brownies are in the oven and boy oh boy does the house smell good. After they come out of the oven and cool for a few minutes, they get a ganache put on top.

I'll be taking the pita dough out of the fridge in a little over an hour. Going to use half tonight and half later in the week.

Pita

full.jpg

Tasty ingredients please, I will try again. Yeast and I don't work, well, not in last 4 times I tried.

Russ
Here you go:

Recipe - Basic Same-Day Pizza Dough

It'll look like long instructions, but that's because there's a bit for using the food processor, or alternately doing it by hand. I usually do it by hand. It's about as easy a dough as you'll find.

I have a recipe for overnight (up to three days) dough that's much better. The dough I listed above is for when you have to have pizza right now and didn't make dough ahead of time.

I looked and couldn't find a thread like this. Please move if there is one.

The mascarpone brownies are in the oven and boy oh boy does the house smell good. After they come out of the oven and cool for a few minutes, they get a ganache put on top.

I'll be taking the pita dough out of the fridge in a little over an hour. Going to use half tonight and half later in the week.
Oh I like try if you have recipe.
Sarana x

Flour is very difficult to obtain here at the moment, so we are trying to conserve what little we have. However, if I can get hold of some ready made pastry this morning there may be a ham and cheese quiche on the table for lunch.
I no been outside for many day now my husband in hospital with virus I have MS so I isolate. I see some one else say flour get scarce egg also. I OK for a few week so I hope things be better when we need things.
Sarana x

Flour is very difficult to obtain here at the moment, so we are trying to conserve what little we have.
Isn't it strange how something as common across cultures as flour can be seen as something to hoard in one area, and something to give a miss in another area? We have plenty of flour available in the shops. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm still amazed that two of the easiest things to store and prepare (canned soup and pot noodles) are still readily available - and both are cheaper than just about anything else, too. Yogurt, also. Plenty of yogurt, and that's an easy convenience food. Seems like people'd be all over that.

Nope, plenty, but I had a hard time finding mayonnaise last time I was out. Who hoards mayo? Why? I love it, but it'd be one if the first things on my list I'd count as unnecessary in an international crisis.

Isn't it strange how something as common across cultures as flour can be seen as something to hoard in one area, and something to give a miss in another area? We have plenty of flour available in the shops. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm still amazed that two of the easiest things to store and prepare (canned soup and pot noodles) are still readily available - and both are cheaper than just about anything else, too. Yogurt, also. Plenty of yogurt, and that's an easy convenience food. Seems like people'd be all over that.

Nope, plenty, but I had a hard time finding mayonnaise last time I was out. Who hoards mayo? Why? I love it, but it'd be one if the first things on my list I'd count as unnecessary in an international crisis.
Hoard Mayonnaise!! I could see if hard make, strange time Reuben strange time.

Sarana x

There was hardly any flour, less than 10 bags probably, and that was nontraditional flours, like coconut, almond, etc., when we went Friday. Fortunately, i had nearly a full bag of bread flour already, plus had managed to get a bag of AP flour right when all this started, besides about half a bag in the container. Plus, I have whole wheat, rice, 00, rye in the freezer where I keep them so they don't go stale.

the soups were spotty, with things kids would eat pretty much gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom