What are you wearing today?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:59 AM
I think that's true for the majority of people. However, I have never had a "real" routine in my life as an adult. I started my first business when I was in my early 20s and have almost always been self-employed or a subcontractor with no set schedule. I am older and pretty much retired now, but I still follow the same "lack of routine" routine that I did before. Thankfully I feel fine and I still have my hobbies and stay motivated and interested in side projects around the house. But I agree that for people who are used to having a routine, it would be very important to stick to a schedule.

I'm like you I think, retired kind of, I get up when I wake up. Eat when I'm hungry, like yesterday family meal here, I sat it out as I'm not keen on salads and only had a few slices of ham all day and a cuppa. Today I will prolly have lunch, but no drama if I don't.
My routine is wednesday drinks with my friend somewhere we don't get annoyed.

Russ

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time
10:59 AM
A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.

Problem is, even when I am working a lot, there is no routine. I can be in five cities in four states in one week. I tried to imagine Tasty sitting in an airport in California, with no plane ticket, waiting for a phone call telling him where he is going next -- another city, or home. :hyper:

So, I have more of a routine now than I did before Covid -- not a good routine, and the pay sucks, but it is a routine.

I do have a pretty regular clothing routine. Wear what I slept in, unless I have to go somewhere. :okay:

CD

LissaC

Über Member
Local time
4:59 PM
Problem is, even when I am working a lot, there is no routine. I can be in five cities in four states in one week. I tried to imagine Tasty sitting in an airport in California, with no plane ticket, waiting for a phone call telling him where he is going next -- another city, or home.

So, I have more of a routine now than I did before Covid -- not a good routine, and the pay sucks, but it is a routine.

I do have a pretty regular clothing routine. Wear what I slept in, unless I have to go somewhere. :okay:

CD
I'd love sitting at an airport not knowing where I'd be next 😄

JAS_OH1

Über Member
Local time
11:59 AM
I'd love sitting at an airport not knowing where I'd be next 😄
Me too, as long as it wasn't for toooooo long. I hate being stuck for more than a few hours in an airport (and of course not during the pandemic).

But it used to be more fun to travel than it has been for the past 20 years. I remember when there was minimal security and people could breeze on past. You were allowed to have tweezers, razors, etc. and full sized bottles of hair products in your carry-on luggage. I actually remember when people used to smoke on planes and they had regular meals served on most flights. The food wasn't great...and I hated the secondhand smoke, but I didn't have to take off my shoes, jacket, empty pockets, and possibly get patted down by some woman with bigger shoulders than my husband's.

JAS_OH1

Über Member
Local time
A couple days ago I was reading an interview with a psychiatrist who said the brain lives from routines and you need to keep those even during a pandemic, regardless of you're employed or not. In our normal lives we have routines, and not keeping them makes the brain lazy and depressed.
I make a cup of tea and do the dishes every morning, does that count as routine? :D

LissaC

Über Member
Local time
4:59 PM
Me too, as long as it wasn't for toooooo long. I hate being stuck for more than a few hours in an airport (and of course not during the pandemic).

But it used to be more fun to travel than it has been for the past 20 years. I remember when there was minimal security and people could breeze on past. You were allowed to have tweezers, razors, etc. and full sized bottles of hair products in your carry-on luggage. I actually remember when people used to smoke on planes and they had regular meals served on most flights. The food wasn't great...and I hated the secondhand smoke, but I didn't have to take off my shoes, jacket, empty pockets, and possibly get patted down by some woman with bigger shoulders than my husband's.
I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going. When I started traveling alone, I'd have a plan for what I wanted to do and stick to it, in my last trips I became more and more adventurous and spontaneous, just go with the flow and do whatever I felt like at the moment.

JAS_OH1

Über Member
Local time
I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going. When I started traveling alone, I'd have a plan for what I wanted to do and stick to it, in my last trips I became more and more adventurous and spontaneous, just go with the flow and do whatever I felt like at the moment.
Yes, you were too young (or not even born yet) at the time. I do admire your ability for spontaneity. I always had a travel plan. I'd love the opportunity to be more adventurous. I do think people watching is fascinating, and I love planes.

I still think one day you should get your pilot's license. It would be perfect for you, even if it was just a hobby.

caseydog

Legendary Member
Local time
10:59 AM
I was not around at the time when airports and flying were more careless, but I still love being in airports, I love seeing the planes and the people coming and going.

You clearly have not spent any time in LaGuardia Airport in NYC.

CD

Top Bottom