What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as fashion as you TastyReuben
C35893F5-8314-43F9-B52D-8481B97589E2.jpeg

View attachment 48286
Do you ever look in the mirror, and see your grandfather staring back at you?:laugh:
My grandad was a dandy, head to toe. I wish I had his style. And before you get the idea that he was some kind of snob/toff...he was a Kentucky sharecropper who moved to Ohio to work in the steel mills. As tough as man as I've ever known, but when the time was right, he would dress like a fashionista.

My grandad was a dandy, head to toe. I wish I had his style. And before you get the idea that he was some kind of snob/toff...he was a Kentucky sharecropper who moved to Ohio to work in the steel mills. As tough as man as I've ever known, but when the time was right, he would dress like a fashionista.

My maternal great grandfather was a dairy farmer in New Jersey. He had money. He was a true "gentleman farmer." He wore a suit and tie every day. When we would go visit family in North Jersey (both sets or grandparents lived in the same town), my great grandfather would come for dinner in a perfectly tailored suit, with a starched shirt, and a tie.

CD

My goodness, TastyReuben and epicuric...such fancy attire for a weekday! Do you need to leave your sofa and travel to a workplace outside of your house, where there are actual people? I make a point of dressing similarly if I am going out to eat or to a movie (which I got to do with my family last Saturday for the first time in 7 months). Otherwise, if I'm just taking the dogs for a walk (an everyday occurrence) or going to the market, I dress for comfort.

My goodness, TastyReuben and epicuric...such fancy attire for a weekday! Do you need to leave your sofa and travel to a workplace outside of your house, where there are actual people? I make a point of dressing similarly if I am going out to eat or to a movie (which I got to do with my family last Saturday for the first time in 7 months). Otherwise, if I'm just taking the dogs for a walk (an everyday occurrence) or going to the market, I dress for comfort.
Well, that is dressing for comfort for me. :)

On that particular day, though, I had to run up to the local greenhouse to get a bale of straw, and then to Kroger to pick up a few things, and that was it.

The Late Night Gourmet brings an interesting point. Did you change the way you dress because of Covid? I certainly did. I always wear dresses and I wore dresses all summer but when the weather gets colder I need to wear dresses with tights/pantyhose. Sheer tights tear easily so every year I'm spending a small fortune on new tights. Not this year though. Last time I wore tights was March 2020 I believe. I'm taking 2020 as an opportunity to spare my tights and save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom