What are you wearing today (2020-2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh at a TV advert that's playing now. It's for a laundry product.

Man and woman are meeting on a first date. She's sitting at a restaurant table, pretty-but-simple print dress, big smile, very cute in a girl-next-door way.

In comes the "gentleman," plops down, he's in a frigging v-neck undershirt, and the neck opening is all twisted and stretched out of shape.

"Hi," she says, "You look...casual."

Then the voiceover kicks in and says that if he'd used their laundry product, his shirt would look nice and uncrumpled, and all I can think is, "A knocked-about undershirt isn't the issue...the fact that it's an undershirt, on a first date no less, is."

It'd be much better if it were an ad for common sense pills. :laugh:

Oh yes. It's been quite the trend here for several years now. :(

And if we're talking about fashion peeves..."athleisure" wear. Just stop it already!
Remember the tv shows "American Idol" and "X Factor" with Simon Cowell as one of the judges? He ALWAYS wore a white undershirt unless it was a more formal night in which he would wear a suit (but the dress shirt was unbuttoned and open). It's called an UNDERshirt for a reason.

Oh, don't get me started on the pants/trousers lower than the waistline fad. Ugh. I don't need to see your underwear dude. ;-0

Around here they do. Google "pjs in public". I see it all the time. There is one woman in my area that has a huge tattoo in her midsection. Every summer she ONLY wears a black lace bra to show off the tattoo. She leaves NOTHING to the imagination.
What's your address? I feel like a road trip this summer. :wink:

Companies even make pajama bottoms that are meant for public wear. That's how they're marketed.

When I first started where I work now, we had a dress code. Nothing too strict, just no jeans/athletic shoes, collared shirt, etc.

Then they relaxed it...and relaxed it some more, and it wasn't too long before yoga pants, sweat pants, pajama bottoms, flip-flops, and ripped/stained t-shirts started showing up.

"athleisure" wear
I will probably get slated for this (but this is a fashion thread), I don't get the crossover of sports wear into every day fashion. The world is full of beautiful, stylish and not expensive clothing, why lower the bar by wearing things that belong in the gym?
she ONLY wears a black lace bra to show off the tattoo. She leaves NOTHING to the imagination
Don't suppose you have any photo's? (asking for a friend)

I will probably get slated for this (but this is a fashion thread), I don't get the crossover of sports wear into every day fashion. The world is full of beautiful, stylish and not expensive clothing, why lower the bar by wearing things that belong in the gym?

Don't suppose you have any photo's? (asking for a friend)
I categorize the athletic wear in somewhat different groups.

First, there're the hyperfit folks, who just have to proclaim to the world that they're so fit, even when they go grocery shopping, they simply must be adorned in the latest (hyper-expensive) gymwear - and it never looks grotty or like it's ever seen the inside of an actual gym.

That also includes folks I see out shopping in bicycle pants and skin-tight shirts...and they got there in their sports car. One day, I think I'll buy a wrestling unitard and wear that, except I'd probably start a trend.

Another group, people who mix-and-match athletic wear with proper wear. I've seen guys in a dress shirt, necktie, tailored jacket...and immaculate black Adidas workout pants...and leather dress shoes. Make up your mind!

I categorize the athletic wear in somewhat different groups.

First, there're the hyperfit folks, who just have to proclaim to the world that they're so fit, even when they go grocery shopping, they simply must be adorned in the latest (hyper-expensive) gymwear - and it never looks grotty or like it's ever seen the inside of an actual gym.

That also includes folks I see out shopping in bicycle pants and skin-tight shirts...and they got there in their sports car. One day, I think I'll buy a wrestling unitard and wear that, except I'd probably start a trend.

Another group, people who mix-and-match athletic wear with proper wear. I've seen guys in a dress shirt, necktie, tailored jacket...and immaculate black Adidas workout pants...and leather dress shoes. Make up your mind!
Exhibit A - photo found online.

m1 (9).jpg

Around here they do. Google "pjs in public". I see it all the time. There is one woman in my area that has a huge tattoo in her midsection. Every summer she ONLY wears a black lace bra to show off the tattoo. She leaves NOTHING to the imagination.

Ah, and to say that imagination makes a big part of the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom